Why? Can we help?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Giving up cloth :(

Postby nicola g » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm

It's just everything getting on top of me at the mo, the girls are playing up and wont help do their room and keep their washing tidy and it's just a never ending cycle where im having to do like 4 or 5 washes everyday without adding Dafydd's cloth to it :cry:

I keep seeing lovely cloth to buy but i know they wont get used so ive decided to sell all my stash apart from his personalised ones..

oh and ive told the girls if their room is not tidy by the time they go to school on monday when they get home their room will be bear apart from the beds :wink:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:05 pm

:( At least you've had a go, and if it takes some stress out of your day so be it. :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:22 pm

rhead wrote::( At least you've had a go, and if it takes some stress out of your day so be it. :wink:

WSS - Also, keeping a few of your faves might be good because when things feel a little easier at home, you could resume with cloth, even part-time. If not, don't let it worry you; we don't need extra stress in our lives :hug:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:42 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:38 pm

:hug: :hug: life does sometimes seem like never ending washing doesn't it, then there is the ironing to add to that. Keeping a few is a good idea though so you can pop one on Dafydd from time to time or even just sit and stroke them :giggle:
As for the girls, ahh such a familiar battle, Anna lives in this ditsy dream worls and just doesn't get it and we did empty her room once, every thing went to the loft!!!

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:47 am

Don't feel guilty. For various reasons we made the decision to give up cloth with DD about a year ago, and she's still in disposables now at 3.5. Just think of all the nappies that DIDN'T go to landfill because of your adventures in cloth and of all the good you've done with that, which is more than most ever manage!

You never know, in a few months you might feel up to returning to cloth, even part time.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 am

When I use a sposie, it's an eco one so at least it's less harmful to baby (& mother :giggle: ) and kinder to the environment that regular sposies so it's something you could consider :hug:

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Must admit I am getting close to giving up too. My nappies stink of ammonia despite stripping etc & it is worse than sposie smell. My machine has been on all week & not a single clothes wash, all nappies & they are still in there.

:hug: but you have saved loads of sposies from landfill anyway so you can hold yur head up high

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat