hf1

ahhh nothing fits!!!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

ahhh nothing fits!!!

Postby charliesam » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:05 pm

at the moment i am really struggling to find nappies that fit sam :x :x :x tonight he is a stinky sposie as nothing fits :crossbaby: :crossbaby: he has medium legs no bum and the fattest tummy you can imagine and is v tall for his age :-? :-? everything ss and now even front snapping falls down because it slips off his bum and down his v rotund belly (he looks about 9 months pregnant :oops: :giggle: ) ittis fit the best as they do up under his tum but he out pees them in 5 mins and if i boost them they fall down :x we mainly use fitteds and wool- bububebe fit but he out pees them in 1 hour, gm's the same, the best is dunk n fluff boosted which despite being a ss for some reason stay up usually with a little builders bum :lol:

any ideas :babyroll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: ahhh nothing fits!!!

Postby flutterby » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 pm

cant help but my guess for why dnfs stay up is the elasticated front ;)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:35 pm

flutterby wrote:cant help but my guess for why dnfs stay up is the elasticated front ;)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

are they serged DnF that are staying up? muttaqins are very elasticated, especially babyshape I am sure his tummy wouldn't push those down. The side snap would possibly be a decent fit too (Blake has fit issues with the front snap) and may stay up. The new style side snap are more absorbant (bv inner ones would be more so) - probably more than an itti imo.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:51 pm

flutterby wrote:cant help but my guess for why dnfs stay up is the elasticated front ;)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

I agree there.

I don't want to alarm you but have you had his tummy checked? Our neighbour DD had a very prominent tummy and the docs said she was just being a paranoid mother but she pushed it, she new babies had big tums but not so big??

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 am

2climbingboys wrote:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

are they serged DnF that are staying up? muttaqins are very elasticated, especially babyshape I am sure his tummy wouldn't push those down. The side snap would possibly be a decent fit too (Blake has fit issues with the front snap) and may stay up. The new style side snap are more absorbant (bv inner ones would be more so) - probably more than an itti imo.

i agree on muttaqins, they're quite flexible whilst also being trim fitting, might be worth a shot?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:08 am

Another vote for Mutts here, very stretchy and adjustable, esp Babyshape. Archie is the other way, big leggies and no tum!!!

Apparantly they are better for heavy wetters now as they have more layers.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Large serged LHC would be good i think :wink:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:56 pm

I only have a medium here that I could part with?

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm

thanks ladies :D

i have an old mutt which does fit ok but i find is not v absorbant but i think i will try the new one- also i have looked lots of times at LHC so i might have to try one of those too :mrgreen:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat