hf1

Night-time Stuffing...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Night-time Stuffing...

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:59 pm

Okay so am after everyone here really...

What do you stuff your night-time nappies with...
And it makes a difference which nappy you use

So: Usual pocket night-time stuffing
Usual 2-part/nightnappy stuffing (and which night nappy too)

Reason for asking is I think I may be over stuffing these last few days as last night when Isabelle wore her new puddlepants weedies she could barely walk she was waddling so much poor thing! I know it doesn't really matter at night but it did make me think I'd over stuffed slightly...
Think I had in there a full size bamboo terry, two easy peasy jersey boosters and a bambeasy insert... possibly more I can't remember :shock:
The outside of the nappy was dry in the morning!!

I don't use microfibre at night as I find it squishes wee out wereas it doesn't during the day...

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Usual pocket night-time stuffing - We don't use any pockets at night
Usual 2-part/nightnappy stuffing (and which night nappy too) -

Lockie - Ella's House Bumhugger with 1 bamboo booster or huggle with 1 bamboo booster. Lockie sleeps through 12 hours at night - no milk at night.
Zac - Bambeasy with extra Bamboo Booster or Bumble with a folded bamboo terry (40cm). Zac often sleeps 14 hours and sometimes has a tiny bit of dampness on his back when he wakes. He still has a feed at 11pm.

Neither of them as far as I'm aware have ever woken in the night because of dampness/uncomfortableness.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 pm

In my minki pockets i tend to put something like a jamtots bootser (don't know what it is made from) that folds into 3 layers with 1 or 2 hemp type slim inserts in middle of the 3layer jamtots and then a big blue mf cloth folded again into 3 on top of that lot. I don't always use those though.

Tonight have stuffed Evies minki with one of the P'tit dessous bamboo inserts i bought from Ali, folded halfway so 2 layers of that with a clwt twt terry booster in middle of bamboo p'tit dessous and the blue mf folded into 3 on top of that lot!! :D

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:19 pm

I always use bamboozles at night (as if I have much choice :roll: :lol: ) and I always just fold the built in booster into 3, and then add a booster that I bought when I bought the BTP pack of bamboozles, couldn't tell you what they are, I think cotton terry but couldn't be sure. I sometimes fold the hourglass booster in half so that I have TONNES of boost at the front.

He's only ickle, so I suppose it's not really that relevant at the minute as he's not a particularly heavy wetter.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 pm

I stuff the girls minkis with 2 x 40x40cm bamboo terries

L goes to bed in a fuzzi bunz with a p'tits dessous bamboo super insert thing and another insert (whatever is handy so could be a fuzzi insert, could be another bamboo!!)

2 parts - bambeasy with a p'tits dessous bamboo super thing stuffed into it!

Minkis and fuzzis are the best overnight for us just now! I seem to have got the stuffing just right for us!

jan x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:27 pm

In our large standard minki's (the med's are getting hard to bend now due to the stuffing)
A blueberry microfibre insert on top (or both large and small wonderoo insets) followed by a large HH stuffins with oval, and usually the little bit extra - an easy peasy hemp. This is usually 85% wet by morning (she's a front sleeper, so a bit at the back is dry).
We have tried the bamboo side snap weenotions, which worked well, but were using a cotton bottoms wrap which wasn't the best. May try it with a M/L airflow next time. The weenotions is so much slimer. This was damp, but with the inner fleece she was dry.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:01 pm

Baby Bufters night - just on their own, occasionally an extra bamboo booster or two if she's drunk loads
Weedies - 50cm bamboo terry, the puddlepants booster and another booster, hemp or bamboo - Katie definitely has the weeble look and walk with this one too :D
Kaypee - it's own booster plus a hemp insert

Occasional pockets - bamboo terry plus as many boosters as I can fit :D Always with wool on top though

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Just wanted to add that now she's not feeding at night (touch wood for a week now) her nappies are much less soggy in the morning - but when she was waking it a viscious cycle of uncomfortable because she was damp (but not leaking?!) and had to feed back to sleep which meant more wee...

She was out weeing a bambeasy with two bamboo boosters... Or bamboo and a hemp booster...

Also out weeing a large huggle with three bamboo boosters...

Might get some smaller bamboo terries and combine one of those with some hemp and see how we go...

Wool is definately the best wrap for nights tho' - PUL causes leaks at night for us where fleece and wool don't... Thankfully the pockets seem to be ok so far...

My avatar
chocolatebrownie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatebrownie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 pm

i use a large "cherrybums" nappy (mix of bamboo and microfibre) with 2 boosters- usually a cotton terry/ bamboo plus a thin microfibre one. i also have a baby bufter that i think may work very well in the future but his legs are just too chubby at the moment.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat