hf1

Fed up with my stash

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Fed up with my stash

Postby joeli » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Ugh, I'm getting overwhelmed with my stash. We basically have Sandies, Pop-ins, Ittis, and pockets. The Sandies are brilliant, no complaints, but we don't have enough by on just them. The Pop-ins we used to love for night, but now they are not absorbent enough and the fit is getting worse and worse so I don't even think they'll work for daytime. I thought I would love the Ittis after trying 1 and went and bought 4 more of them, plus spare inserts. But the fit on them is not great either--the waist is too tight on one setting and too loose on the next setting. Am thinking of selling them and trying to get most of money back but I just bought them and though of losing any money makes me feel ill. (I hate wasting money and try to be so thrifty but just got carried away). The pockets are okay I think but I keep getting leaks and can figure out the problem as sometimes they are fine.

I've got £45 to spend at either fill-your-pants or the easy peasy site. Really need to sort out a night time solution. Was thinking of just getting some bamboo and hemp boosters and maybe trying a bumble. Really don't know though.

I want to do this :x right now.

Any advice?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Fed up with my stash

Postby northernruth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 pm

What pockets have you got? They are all so different.........

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 pm

I love bumbles :D

I bought 4 poppered BTP bumbles when Lucas was 6months old and I still have them! I used them right up to pt with Lucas and have been using them for the girls too!

I have the old style (with 2 rows of poppers) and they have been a great fit all along for all 3 kids, I did try a couple of the new 1 row of poppers style and hated them :cry: ..

Perhaps try a couple of the eco bumbles (so you can add your own stuffing) maybe a couple of the easy peasy hemp inserts too! Would come in at around £10 for 2 eco bumbles and 2 inserts :wink: (free postage too)

Jan x

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 am

have you tried bumgenius? They're the only nighttime we've ever had thats been succesful everytime. We use both inserts and a microfibre cloth and works perfectly. As for your itti's, i forgot to look how old your LO is but they might be worth hanging on to, i found they weren't a fab fit at first but then my DD started to grow into them, i've heard quite a few similar stories about them too.

Natural Baby resource have an offer on their flip nappies too at the min BOGOF so that could be worth a try? I haven't used them yet but have ordered some :giggle:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 am

Conan was about the same age as Leo (4 months) when we had a complete stash change. We had been using size 1 bamboozles, s sandies, me wraps, a couple of BBOS and a few pockets.I think at about this age they start to outpee size 1 nappies ,have a growth spurt and also prob need a proper NN. TBH the 3 BBOS were the best buy, still using them and probably will do until they fall apart. How about looking into OS pockets ?
Have you considered making your own nappies, your crafty, and its great fun, oh and you can save some money too :giggle:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 am

I have a couple of 'proper' night nappies (need a WNNN) but as an emergency night nappy we often use a bamboo little lamb with an easy peasy hemp inside the nappy (under the flap) and another one outside the nappy but inside a ME wrap. We use night fitteds and standard minkis at night.

Come to think of it, a minki might be a good solution - the pockets are huge. At 8 months Ewan is still fitting really well into a small standard minki (he's prob about 19lbs) - I put a PD bamboo plus 2 or three EP hemp (one inbetween the layers of the PD) in the pocket.

I think I saw one in the classifieds...*goes to check*
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=30205&p=388333&hilit=minki#p388333

Ewan has changed shape several times and ends up in between settings on his BGs (we love them for day, but with bamboo and hemp - the microfibre inserts they come with don;t cope with E's heavy wetting) and poppered SS fitteds for a while. Each time I find I can get a good fit (though bulky) with nippa tots bots until he catches back up to a setting on his nappies. I'd keep the nappies that don't fit for now - he'll probably grow back into them. Perhaps some bamboozles or similar would be a good interim measure?

HTH!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:07 am

I strongly advise trying WNNN at night time. Kaydi is a heavy wetter and its taken me aaagggeeesss to get the nights to work well.
I presume this is your voucher from the council, you can use it at weenotions if its the one off Lisa.

I never had any luck with the pop in's, I do find WAHM nappies to be more reliable.
I have ordered WNNN's with my vouchers I'm hopeing they will arrive soon as I really could do with more night nappies.

If you would like a look at a few different WAHM nappies, I'm going to nappuchino's on friday in hindley. I'd be happy to bring some of my stash for you to have a look at.

Its :x at times when you end up with things that don't work. I'd think of it as a learning curve :wink: At least you can sell them on. If you'd of bought a pack of disposables that didn't work you wouldn't get your money back.

Not long ago I totally changed my whole stash. I had BBOS with aplix fastenings, and a few other different pockets. Kaydi decided she could open the aplix :babyrolleyes: . Luckily I'd just started using wool and fitteds. Now I think I have 1 BBOS left that I kept as I love the emerald one :giggle: I don't hardly use it :oops: Just saying that these things happen as your lo grows and changes shape.

If your having trouble getting snap settings to be right you can off set the nappy too. Erm....say put it on the 2nd snap on one side and the 3rd on the other. You might find you get a better fit then too.

Hope to see you friday.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 am

Also what inserts are you using in your pockets?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:29 am

Im another that really recomends WNNN for night nappies, we use one everynight and they are fab, we dont have to boost them at all...apart from that we use blueberry pockets or coolababy pockets stuffed with either a BBOS insert or a greenkids bamboo insert or a p'tit dessous insert, all with a EP hemp underneath...that give us 3.5hrs. We use fitteds 99% of the time and we use DnF's (larges), bamboo little lambs (size 2...so cheao and last 3.5-4hrs unboosted before they are sopping wet...i usueally changed after 3 hours tho), Goodmamas LOVE them...they are fab! :mrgreen:

If you want more inserts then EP hemps and p'tit dessous are my favs but green kids bamboo's are a close second...I always put a EP hemp behind whatever is on top...

If im stuck for nightnappy then i use a boosted GM :wink:

Hope you get it sorted out hun :hug: I find that OVB nappies are best for us by far...bamboo little lambs are a close second tho and i think they are a fab budget nappy :wink: If i have anyting you would like to borrow then just shout and you can try it out!! :hug:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat