hf1

Minki huggles

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Minki huggles

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:52 pm

I think these are what i'm going to get dd, she is almost out of her size 1 tots but only weighs 11lbs.
What are the sizes like? do i buy the small or large?
Oh- and are they any good??? :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:04 pm

Are you looking to use them at night? As they are very bulky.

Sizing on them varies to be honest but are not overly generous, I sold my large ones on a while ago as Charlotte outgrew them. So I would be tempted to go for large, even though she is only 11lbs, small probably wouldn't last you very long.

People have been raving about the wee notions night nappy so that might be worth a try as well or instead?
Last edited by Annette on Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:07 pm

I had one ages ago now and it was fine for awhile but was very weeble effect with the extra boosting and i remember it gave her really sore leg marks so i sold our one huggle on. HTH :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:14 pm

Are you getting these for daytime or nighttime?

They're quite a bulky nappy and best for night-times, the sizing can come up a bit small round the waist - I bought larges some for Isabelle when she was 6months and they were almost too small - but now they still fit...

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 pm

We have one of these, preloved from Jules, they are VERY bulky, compared to bamboozles (but then they aren't bamboo (I don't think :oops: ) so that's to be expected) Ours is a medium, and Rhys is 4 months, about 17lb ( :shock: ) and it's a strange (not bad but strange) fit, hopefully when he stretches out a bit (and gets out of his boots and bar and gets a bit more mobile) it'll fit a bit better.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Have to agree with the others, they definitely give a weeble-bum, but at the same time I've always found ours reliable. I hadn't realised the sizing comes up small, but Connor's a skinny-minny so still plenty of use out of ours I'm sure!

I haven't tried the weenotions night nappy, but am very happy with a standard minki pocket for night time as you can stuff it as little or as much as you need. It can still be bulky, but not as big as the huggle, plus you don't need a wrap over it.

If you mean in general, rather than night time, I'm rather boring and am happy with tots bamboozles. No leaks under a motherease wrap and absorbant enough to cope with my heavy wetter.

Amanda x

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:47 pm

Thanks, i've ordered a couple of large nippa huggles for now, thought i'd get a better fit than with poppers. So we'll see how they go, might end up being night nappies if they turn dd into a weeble though. I also orderd a kaypee nappy to try coz i love all the wraps i bought ds from there. :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:33 pm

pinkydinkydoo wrote:Thanks, i've ordered a couple of large nippa huggles for now, thought i'd get a better fit than with poppers. So we'll see how they go, might end up being night nappies if they turn dd into a weeble though. I also orderd a kaypee nappy to try coz i love all the wraps i bought ds from there. :D

I think you will find they will definitely be used as night nappies - they are actually made for that and would be very very huge to use in the day!! :D

My avatar
chocolatebrownie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatebrownie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:47 pm

i had a couple of large ones. they are bulky, not that absorbant and they didn't really fit. i suppose it depends on your baby.

they were easy to sell on so others must get on fine with them

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat