hf1

Help needed for a newbie :)

My avatar
Mummyof3xxx
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Help needed for a newbie :)

Postby Mummyof3xxx » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Yep my other addiction is prams, I really shouldn't though, I have had over 20 different prams since Millie was born, she is 10 months next week :oops: And I have 4 in the house at the moment, but don't want to let any go :hohoho:

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:12 pm

well i found the weenotions site before I bought anything and soo wanted these :hohoho: everyone told me to buy preloved (from classifieds) to try different types of nappies and so far i have blueberry, weenotion sidesnaps, weenotion one size and weenotion ai2, i also have itti bittis and a couple of upsy daisy and a cushie tushie couture.

My little boy is nearly 9 months but just over 20lbs and really long and slim legs so I gambled with large and luckily that was the right size, i fine the one size are a little bit bigger around the legs.

I highly recommend getting some off classifieds first, all the ones I have bought have been in excellent condition and often have come with an insert so have been much cheaper than buying new. I am waiting for two night nappies (from classifieds - weenotions) and once i have them I am going to try him over night in cloth :mrgreen:

If you have a look in 'getting to know you' thread, most people have put their fave nappy site and if you look in reviews of nappius you will get some honest feedback about the nappies :wink:

x

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:13 pm

haha i have got 5 atm :hohoho: pramette, switch , zapp chassis,black xt and a quinny buzz and i still want summit else cos i need to sell switch maybe a bee or loola :giggle:

My avatar
Mummyof3xxx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummyof3xxx » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:32 pm

babyjjbaby wrote:haha i have got 5 atm :hohoho: pramette, switch , zapp chassis,black xt and a quinny buzz and i still want summit else cos i need to sell switch maybe a bee or loola :giggle:

haha, don't get a loola hun, not very good really, I had one I they rattle when you walk they feel like they are goiing to fall apart, a bee would be a better option. I have 2 p+t's, a herbie in hot & bothered, a nipabout 3 wheeler. I did have a bug cameleon too, but sold it as it wasn't being used :oops:

Thanks for the tips on sites btw, I am off to look now xx

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi :idea:

I didn't find the cotton bottoms wraps very reliable either, Motherease or weenotions are defintely better! A good read through the reviews section and many of the threads on here will get you well on your way to nappy addiction :twisted: Perhaps you might consider using washable wipes too? Many of us find them just as handy when we're washing the nappies anyway, and you can save money by not using disposable wipes.

You may also find yourself clearing out your house for funds to buy preloved nappies lol! :giggle:

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:26 am

Mummyof3xxx wrote:ok thanks.. there are lots to choose from.. anyone know any sites to help?? I have found too many sites with too much choice.. I am very indesicive :oops:

http://www.thenappyline.co.uk is very helpful for beginners. Try the "Personal Q&A session' link near the top of the page.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 am

I spent months researching cloth nappies wihilst :pregnant: then finally decided on little lambs. I never likes prefolds but nippa might help. i can highly recommend some pockets too bumgenius, itti bitti, weenotions and upsy daisy (now closed but get them preloved)

My avatar
Mummyof3xxx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummyof3xxx » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 pm

gayleygoo wrote:Hi :idea:

I didn't find the cotton bottoms wraps very reliable either, Motherease or weenotions are defintely better! A good read through the reviews section and many of the threads on here will get you well on your way to nappy addiction :twisted: Perhaps you might consider using washable wipes too? Many of us find them just as handy when we're washing the nappies anyway, and you can save money by not using disposable wipes.

You may also find yourself clearing out your house for funds to buy preloved nappies lol! :giggle:

I have been looking at washable wipes too :mrgreen:

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:30 pm

Last edited by ebonina on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat