hf1

Is this a good deal?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Is this a good deal?

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm thinking of getting a couple of Little Lambs to try when bump becomes baby (in only 5 weeks or so - eeeeek!). Saw this on ebay for £16 +£3pp: 3 terry little lambs, 3 terry boosters, 3 fluffle boosters & 1 wrap. What do you think of the price? Think I'd have preferred the microfibre ones, but they (Oaks nappies) only seem to be selling them individually at £4 + £2.25pp. Opinions please!

Amanda x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:31 pm

sounds like a good price to me! make sure they are the new little lambs and not the old ones though!

and I know that that particular ebay seller has had some very bad feedback (maybe not actually left on ebay but certainly has been discussed on other forums!)

Although I have bought from her before and was very happy!

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 pm

I love our terry little lambs, (are you sure the fluffle boosters aren't the fleece liners which are very fluffy!) and it seems a good price to me :wink:

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 pm

Isnt Oak nappies the ones people have had problems with???
Dont jump me if i am wrong :oops:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Is this a good deal?

Postby nic1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 pm

Amanda wrote:I'm thinking of getting a couple of Little Lambs to try when bump becomes baby (in only 5 weeks or so - eeeeek!). Saw this on ebay for £16 +£3pp: 3 terry little lambs, 3 terry boosters, 3 fluffle boosters & 1 wrap. What do you think of the price? Think I'd have preferred the microfibre ones, but they (Oaks nappies) only seem to be selling them individually at £4 + £2.25pp. Opinions please!

Amanda x

The seller you refer to has had some bad press from some people. I have no experience so i can't specifically comment. I know some of the things i have heard mentioned are that nappies claiming to be new are not, they smell of smoke and other rather dubious stuff. Sure there was something about this not so long back but not entirely sure if it was on here.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:40 pm

nic - it was on cna!!

As I say I have bought from her a couple of times and everything I had was fine and a bargain so I was happy!!

jan x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:54 pm

Thanks for the quick replies! I've posted on BC to ask opinions of the seller - don't know if that breaks any rules but hey ho, too late now. Will hold back for a few days and see if I get any more info, they seem to have plenty of little lambs for sale so can still go ahead in a few days.

Amanda x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:56 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:I love our terry little lambs, (are you sure the fluffle boosters aren't the fleece liners which are very fluffy!) and it seems a good price to me :wink:

Don't know about the booster/liner. That's the wording in the ad, and although I've seen a little lamb nappy I can't really remember what the liners and boosters are like...

Amanda x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:25 pm

Actually, I think I'll splash out and buy new, as I've read plenty of good reports about this nappies so it won't be much of a risk!

Little lamb trial packs are only £8.50 for terry or £9.50 for bamboo or microfibre, which is for a nappy, booster and wrap. Plus £1.50pp. Thought I might perhaps buy a trial pack in each fabric, and then once I've tried them out I'll be in a better position to buy preloved...

Dh has just watched me as I started this post and exlaimed '£8.50! you can get 30 disposables for that!' Cheeky bugger, but it was definitely said tongue-in-cheek. Luckily for him :lol:

Amanda x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat