hf1

Best nappies for a 2 year old with slimmish thighs?

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Best nappies for a 2 year old with slimmish thighs?

Postby Charlootle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:38 pm

My little boy has quite skinny legs but a pot belly (tee hee, I could eat him!) we've got some flips because of the BOGOF but have had a couple of leaks. I'm not sure if its because I've just got one pad in or because they're not particularly snug around the leg though. I'm new (and late!) to cloth nappying so have no idea what might work for my LOs shape! Any advice much appreciated,

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Best nappies for a 2 year old with slimmish thighs?

Postby rhead » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 pm

I think you'd probably be better off with a side-snapping nappy, because you can adjust the waist and thighs independently - I don't have experience with pot belly and skinny thighs :giggle: but it sounds like a recipe for disaster for front-fastening nappies!

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks for the advice :D

I have bought a Weenotions side snap! Very naughty as I have no money :oops: Had another leak with the flip today, I've only got the stay dry insert in, is there another booster that I should pop in aswell? I've heard hemp is good?! Of course it could just be due to the skinny legs/pot belly problem, lol! Although I'm sure he'll slim down in the next few months and then fingers crossed they'll fit - they better do, I've got 4!!

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:07 pm

I agree with side snapping nappies. ds has a pot belly and slim thighs. I can get away with front snaps BUT only if they have three poppers to adjust with and not two. If they have 2 it's a disaster but 3 means I can get a tighter fit.

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Ah yes maybe I should try adjusting the front poppers, popping down to medium maybe? Thanks for the tips everyone!

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Well I poppered the flip down from the large setting today and no leaks! I've also noticed that I don't smell when DS has done a poo now he's in cloth and that when I put on his night time disposable it has a really funny smell - thats probably the chemicals that I was used to smelling before isn't it :-? I feel really bad that its taken me till now to try cloth, I shouldn't have let other peoples negative comments put me off!

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 pm

I used to use fuzzi bunz, they are a cheapish front snap nappy but very adjustable, you do need to boost their inserts with bamboo or hemp tho

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 am

Charlootle wrote:Well I poppered the flip down from the large setting today and no leaks! I've also noticed that I don't smell when DS has done a poo now he's in cloth and that when I put on his night time disposable it has a really funny smell - thats probably the chemicals that I was used to smelling before isn't it :-? I feel really bad that its taken me till now to try cloth, I shouldn't have let other peoples negative comments put me off!

Charlotte & Jaden x

Better late than never! :mrgreen: And you're right, disposables do have the most horrendous smell the second they get wet :evil:. I'm sure you can find something that works for you overnight as well :wink:.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat