hf1

side-snap wool interlock wraps?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

side-snap wool interlock wraps?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:38 pm

I LOVE my tykie diaper wool side-snap wrap but it was a very long wait getting it made and shipped and I would ideally like another but don't want the wait :oops:

So before I email Ann at Tykie are there any other makes apart from sugar peas - of side-snap wool interlock wraps?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: side-snap wool interlock wraps?

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:40 pm

swaddlebees make them, but I've never tried them, you could dye one, would be funky!

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Will be watching this with interest :wink:

We've got a Swaddlebees which is good. I think we've also got a clothmopolitan and 2 covered caboose ones. They are really lovely.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Yup swaddlebees ones are good - and like Hanna said you can get a cream one and dye it a funky colour :D

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 pm

I saw these the other day, I'm not sure if they are one's that have been mentioned already
http://www.nappyzone.co.uk/stacinator_s ... _wraps.htm

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:48 pm

I have covered caboose ones (keep meaning to list them for sale actually!), they are lovely

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:48 pm

The leg holes on the swaddlebees ones don't look very snug :?
But yes I'm sure I or anyone with actual skill (not me :roll:) could do a VERY funky dye job on a cream one :giggle:

The staccinator one looks good - I might need to go find more measurements though as I need a rise measurement ideally though by the looks of it we'd need a large 'just' as we're right at the top end of the medium...

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:56 pm

I've had old style and new style sugar peas and swaddlebees wraps. The old style sugar peas were two layers of wool and I really really liked the neat fit on these.
The new style are only one layer. I had trouble with a couple of poppers coming off these (on receipt one I had was wonky and a replacement I had didn't last 2 weeks) and they've since reinforced with two layers the side poppers but not the front ones.
I think the swaddlebees are much better quality than the new sugarpeas. I don't think one layer interlock is up to poppers.
Also I think the sugarpeas sizing is a bit out, ds won't fit in a large sugarpeas, they reduced the rise by an inch when they redesigned them. He still fits in a large swaddlebees though.
I gave up buying any US shipped wool interlock after having trouble with the sugarpeas and now raid all my local charity shops for merino and cashmere jumpers and make my own soaker covers. Easy, cheap and they don't break.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 am

I'm going to get a swaddlebees i think. I have a stacinator one in large which we use at night and it's fab and i've just ordered another one.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat