WN pockets vs WN AI2s

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

WN pockets vs WN AI2s

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi Ladies,

I have recently bought a few WNSS and WN AI2s preloved, as I am a sucker for the pretty designs and wanted to give them a try. I have found that the pockets are lasting much better than the AI2s - with a BG insert and a LL bamboo booster I get a good 2 hours out of the pockets, and longer if I add more boosting, whereas the AI2 are only lasting about 1.5 hours (with a 6 layer insert).

Do AI2s generally last less time? Can they be boosted at all? I am considering whether I can slit the inner material at the back and turn them into pockets as I don't really want to have to part with the nappies :(

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the AI2 will come into their own later on (DD is 20 weeks old), but at the moment I have a drawer full of gorgeous nappies that I'm reluctant to use as they just seem to get wet so quickly. When I change her the inserts are wet through so I don't think it's the fit, but I don't see how I can add extra and make sure it stays in place?

Thanks for any suggestions or advice - I'm also interested to know if other people have found the same thing?

Danika

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: WN pockets vs WN AI2s

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Mine last about the same time. I'd try boosting them, just check you don't end up with loeg gape. How new was the A12 when you brought it? Could it be that the insert hasn't been washed enough times yet? Hope you find a solution sothat you can use all the pretty nappies!!!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:30 pm

we were same so sold them on :( i kept using them for times when i knew i could change her soon after but defeats the object really :roll: why dont you put a nappy swappers add up see if anyone has pockets to swap :wink:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 pm

I don't get on too well with bamboo terry (most of the layers in the WN inserts), but I did find that a 4-layer insert with a hemp booster in the middle or underneath (Greenkids work well as they're not too wide, can't remember if an Easy Peasy fits OK?) worked much better than the 6-layer bamboo insert. You could try adding a hemp booster to the inserts you have, and if you find it helps but is too bulky for your liking, sell the inserts you have and buy some 4-layer ones?

I like the pockets much better though :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:31 pm

The same for us I'm afraid - we didn't get on with the AI2s either so sold them on. Love the pockets though.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:21 am

I can use the WNA12 on Teddy but not on Lottie, but if I really stuff the pockets I can get a pocket to last Lottie a couple of hours.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Interesting, thanks for the replies ladies. It's a shame as I can get 3 hours out of a BG V3 easily, so I was hoping that WN (being more expensive) would last at least as long if not longer, but they just aren't standing up so well. I can't justify getting more if they don't work better, although I guess I could use them through the summer when they'll be on show, and any leaks won't be through 3 layers of clothing which all requires changing :x

Has anyone else converted AI2s to pockets? I'm assuming that they are made the same way apart from the additional poppers on the back, so presumably a slit in the back of the inner material would allow for stuffing like a pocket? Might have a go with one and see, or maybe buy another cheap one to play with!

Good idea about swapping, will put a post on there too.

Danika

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat