Classifieds buying query

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Classifieds buying query

Postby twinkletot » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Louise wrote:
megansmummy wrote:I think its a really tough one if you list something and get LOADS of pm's right away about it! If that happens then i do look at the thread and check out the times of replies/pm's to see who got there first...

Not sure what the 'rules' are or even if there is any but thats what I do :oops:

WSS - the first person to reply either by PM or on the thread.

WTS

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby toothlesswonder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:51 pm

For me, it's uasually the first person to reply, reguardless of if i 'know' them or not.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm

first person to reply!

I usually try to check out the wanteds before I list anything in case anyone has a wanted ad on for what \i am selling, if I see a wanted I'll offer it to the person with the wanted ad before offering for general sale!

Jan x

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:58 pm

First person! I was uber-narked once when someone posted on two forums, then sold to someone on the other forum who posted on the thread a couple of hours after I PM'd them on here :(

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:54 pm

I only ever post on one forum unless something isn't selling. I have seen others post on different ones before though and often wonder why. Gets a bit too confusing then. :evil:

I always sell to the first person to respond by either method. If I am buying I usually PM as if the seller hasn't subscribed to the thread they wont get an email informing them of a response whereas if they get a PM the will definatly get an email. If I am in a hurry buying a special nappy I will usually reply on the thread and then send a PM immediatly after to get myself 'in the queue' so to speak. :giggle: Gets confusing that way though.

My only tip is if you think you might miss out then keep your message brief and to the point. I find ME ME ME! Usually works!

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:26 am

I'd also do first person to reply!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat