hf1

what does ur lo wear under 'normal' clothes?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: what does ur lo wear under 'normal' clothes?

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:34 am

I tried a goodmama under a close fitting wool soaker and jeans on top the other day and after 2 and 1/2 hours it was still fine and the wool had only been lanolised once. I couldn't give it a proper test cos Lucas needed to fresh nappy on for his nap :babyrolleyes: but it could have lasted longer. I tend to use Itti bittis, Pop-ins or weenotions AI2 if I am going out and about.

Because jeans are quite tight I do find they wick easier and therefore the nappy needs changing more often than if he were trouserless at home.

Never use PUL wraps so can't help there.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 am

that might be worth a try too then. i'm thinking next time i buy jeans to try going up a size, just he has 4 pairs of 6-9 next jeans that have only been worn once. he does have a 9-12 m and s pair so i might try those with cloth under, they seems a bit more roomy...

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 am

winniewheresmypooh wrote:I tried a goodmama under a close fitting wool soaker and jeans on top the other day and after 2 and 1/2 hours it was still fine and the wool had only been lanolised once. I couldn't give it a proper test cos Lucas needed to fresh nappy on for his nap :babyrolleyes: but it could have lasted longer. I tend to use Itti bittis, Pop-ins or weenotions AI2 if I am going out and about.

Because jeans are quite tight I do find they wick easier and therefore the nappy needs changing more often than if he were trouserless at home.

Never use PUL wraps so can't help there.

ah i got a few pul wraps from when i started with cloth, bought the tots and all the wraps and the nasty cotton bottoms kit i had had wraps from baby to toddler in. and a million brand new prefolds i'll prob never use..... :giggle:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:58 am

we are 90% in wool but i have just bought some trousers that roll up to shorts or crops in a bigger size then roll them and they fit as trousers- if you see what i mean :-? :-? i got them in gap but now spring clothes are in the shops they are probably widely available :wink: i do have one pair of jeans which my childminder uses with sposies :oops: but i can fit a fuzzi in them at a squeeze :)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:08 am

:giggle: i put him in jeans with a tots nappy and a fleece wrap, finally got his bum in and then sat him down and he toppled over, turtle on it's back style poor kid! first time i'd seen a 'camel's foot' (this for those who don't know is when ladies wear jeans too tight and there lady bits resemble a camel foot from the squishing as the join in the jeans travels up a bit far, front wedgie style!) :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

*tinkerbellarella* wrote::giggle: i put him in jeans with a tots nappy and a fleece wrap, finally got his bum in and then sat him down and he toppled over, turtle on it's back style poor kid! first time i'd seen a 'camel's foot' (this for those who don't know is when ladies wear jeans too tight and there lady bits resemble a camel foot from the squishing as the join in the jeans travels up a bit far, front wedgie style!) :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle:

I gave up wih jeans on the babies a long time ago. Poppy doesn't have any I've bought, my mum bought her some but she's never worn them. I could never squeeze Noah into them so they both wear wool fulltime.

Dungerees were a bit easier to work with but even then it was a case of Ittis only. :roll:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

*tinkerbellarella* wrote::giggle: i put him in jeans with a tots nappy and a fleece wrap, finally got his bum in and then sat him down and he toppled over, turtle on it's back style poor kid! first time i'd seen a 'camel's foot' (this for those who don't know is when ladies wear jeans too tight and there lady bits resemble a camel foot from the squishing as the join in the jeans travels up a bit far, front wedgie style!) :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho:

we use pockets under jeans and joggers if they look small i buy next size up we sometimes use fitteds with a wrap but i can not get used to using wool or fleece under trousers they look to bulky to me :-?

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:59 am

i find fitteds are usually the too bulky for jeans/cords so we stick to BG organics or a pocket for dungeress/jeans.
but i would suggest ME airflows with fitteds as that wrap is nice and thin/trim :)

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:32 pm

I've honestly never had a problem with using fitteds and PUL wraps (any kind) under normal clothes. I guess when I buy trousers I do cast an eye over them to make sure they look like they have a reasonably generous hip and check that the waist will stretch enough to go over a fluffy bum, and once or twice I have brought something home and then found that I just couldn't get it on them, but it really hasn't been a big issue for us. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat