hf1

Perfect "I told you so" moment

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Perfect "I told you so" moment

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Dawn is at my Mum's tonight and Mum refuses to use cloth on Dawn :roll: So I have to buy pampers for her to use :x :evil:
Anyways, I just rang and said I'd take Dawn to hers (she normally picks Dawn up) as I have to get some more nappies for her. Tried to ask if she'd use cloth and save me £5 but, nopes. :x

Mums just rang back now and we just had the following convo:
"Do you have those pads from you were pregnant, the ones that go on bed?"
"No, gave them away... why?"
"Oh, just to go on the bed, coz now Dawn's in the big bed here I can't have her getting the mattress wet coz it's memory foam."
"Oh right..."
"Coz she's in pampers here, she soaks them and last time she woke up and said "My Jama's are wet Nana"."

My reply was "Uhuh....." with a smug smile on my face. I SOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to say "Well, we never have leaks here with cloth..." but I resisted the urge as it'll just start an argument. :roll:

So although I'm :x that I now have to spend over £10 on disp pads and disp nappies for ONE NIGHT at mum's house :roll: I am basking in the glory of "I told you so" :hohoho:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Perfect "I told you so" moment

Postby megansmummy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Stacey, your so patient and easy going with your mum :giggle: I would refuse to pay out the money just for them to leak all over the bed...

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 pm

OMG you did so well..................I would have said told you so and then rambled on about how we never get a leak and that if she wanted protectors buy them herself :oops: :giggle: .
You must be very good at biting your tongue :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:22 pm

twinkletot wrote:You must be very good at biting your tongue :giggle:

megansmummy wrote:Stacey, your so patient and easy going with your mum

Nopes, I just know the lesser of the two evils :roll: :hohoho:
I'm tempted to tell her "Sorry I haven't got you anything for your birthday as I had to spend the money on this lot of rubbish..." :twisted: :giggle:

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 pm

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
I love moments like that. You are so good though I definitely wouldn't have been able to bite my tongue :wink:

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:25 pm

You are miles too patient!! I could never do it :hohoho: my dad gets told if he wants sposies he knows where the shop is!
:hohoho:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:26 pm

You are so patient!

Personally I wouldn't buy either but how about just get the bed mats and take cloth? Shouldn't matter what nappy Dawns in if the bed I protected. It's pretty rude to expect you to pay for both when you've got perfectly good nappies to use already. :-?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:28 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:Nopes, I just know the lesser of the two evils :roll: :hohoho:
I'm tempted to tell her "Sorry I haven't got you anything for your birthday as I had to spend the money on this lot of rubbish..." :twisted: :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:35 pm

paintedclaws wrote:You are so patient!

Personally I wouldn't buy either but how about just get the bed mats and take cloth? Shouldn't matter what nappy Dawns in if the bed I protected. It's pretty rude to expect you to pay for both when you've got perfectly good nappies to use already. :-?

When I asked her if she'd use cloth she was like "No, i can't use them. I just don't like them"
Yet, she used cloth on me :-?

I had some vouchers for tescos anyways, so got some pampers for £4 and some huggies pull ups for £1.32! :giggle:
Bloody bed mats were £4 tho! I'm going to make a cloth one I think :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat