hf1

Potty Training de-stash help (please)!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Potty Training de-stash help (please)!

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Blake has decided to potty train :shock: . We have had our first nappyless day. We have had no accidents and he took himself to the potty and weed 3 times (twice with me out the room). :wine: :D

I am keeping our night nappies and need to choose some nappies to keep for daytime naps.

So far I am definitely keeping - 2 flutterby fluffs, 3 dunk n fluffs, 1 fluff n stuff (heavy wetter - which will possibly also be used as a night nappy), 1 Wee Notions AI2, 1 Upsy Daisy Pocket (in misty seas minkee).

Please convince me that is plenty to be keeping, but perhaps I should keep some very slim ones for hot days in summer? :wink: I am going through my stash and adding even more to the pile. This is ridiculously difficult. :roll:

Also, he will probably only usually wet the night nappy each day. How often should I wash them - it seems very environmentally unfriendly to do tiny washing machine loads. I was thinking I would throughly rinse the nappy each morning and then wash once per week. But that seems too long to leave them - should it be twice per week? I can't add them to normal washing as I use fabric conditioner.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Potty Training de-stash help (please)!

Postby 50ftQueenie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 pm

If I need to make a load up I pop towels in with nappies as you're not supposed to use fabric softener with them for the same reason! (Or so my mother tells me) Or..... you could chuck them in with the rest of the wash without softener then when the wash has finished, take the nappies out and do another rinse adding softener to the rest of the wash... I have done that before too.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:03 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: for the potty training but well done Blake :wine: Not sure on how many nappies to keep though, think i'd need to keep them all :giggle:
Good luck with deciding!

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 pm

well done blake :babyroll:

...it does make me a little sad reading that tho, my daughter is only a couple of months younger :cry:

I agree with bulking the wash out with towels could be the way forward as you're not supposed to use fabric softener on them.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 am

Thanks ladies - in with the towels does seem the way to go!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 am

yep i used to do that when we didnt have many nappies. towels and teatowels. :wink:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Wow, good going Blake! Well, sort of :cry:. My first thought would be not to destash too quickly, as it could be just a phase :giggle:. I'd probably hang onto everything for at least a couple of weeks, "just in case".

I've been thinking about the washing too, when Lucas PL'd during the day we switched him into pull-ups for nights because it never really occurred to me that I could just throw his NNs in with the normal wash :oops: (durr). That's what I'll do with Lili's though, as I don't wash towels or bedding often enough (should I be admitting this? :giggle:). As for fabric softener, I use half a capful of Ecover FS with my nappies and it's never had the slightest trace of a bad effect - quite the opposite, in fact, as they're always lovely and soft!! I don't bother with it for clothes but can't stand crunchy nappies and towels :-?.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat