hf1

Exeter University cloth nappy study NEW study pg 2

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Exeter University cloth nappy study

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Yeah, some of the questions don't give enough options for answers either.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Rebekahs_mum wrote:Yeah, some of the questions don't give enough options for answers either.

The one that asks when if you use disposables only gives you the option of saying 'overnight or when you go out' which although we use one overnight we never use them when we go out. If I used them when I went out I'd be getting through a hell of a lot more than 1 a day so not a very clear answer. But I guess it would be quite hard to cover all the options.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:08 pm

freckle wrote:
Rebekahs_mum wrote:Yeah, some of the questions don't give enough options for answers either.

The one that asks when if you use disposables only gives you the option of saying 'overnight or when you go out' which although we use one overnight we never use them when we go out. If I used them when I went out I'd be getting through a hell of a lot more than 1 a day so not a very clear answer. But I guess it would be quite hard to cover all the options.

Yeah Ithought that as well. I sometimes use sposies over night but not when out and about.

Also got thrown when it asked how many times I post on my forum as the most it allowed was once an hour! More like 20x an hour sometimes :giggle:

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Oh dear this survey is evil.
I feel like a crazy obsessed loon!

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm

I have done it too, be interested to see the results of it... whether we are all nappy nutters :hohoho: you couldn't really do the same survey for disposables :wink:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:21 pm

I've done it, and I am definitely more addicted than I realised :oops:

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Sun May 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Done!

One thing I felt was that there is a big difference between how I would like to use cloth and how I do use cloth.

How I do use cloth is based on a premise I decided to stick to from the start when I decided to use cloth with ds3. I set myself a monthly budget and don't go above it. this ensures that using cloth for me is always more cost-efficient than using dispies and puts a lid on any possible addiction. There is no point in going on a cloth nappy selling site if you can't buy anything. :lol:

However, if money were no object, I would have a stash up to the ceiling!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 pm

wow that does bring home a few things, makes you sort of realise, will totally look at my nappy addictiii......oh look a nappy for sale!!
:giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 pm

I've had this from Louise for those of you that would like to be involved in the ongoing study.
Many thanks to Tory for allowing us to post a link to our questionnaire on this forum (again).

Just to introduce ourselves, I am Louise Pendry and together with my colleague Jessica Salvatore, we are conducting research about people's experiences using online forums (I was a former cloth mummy, though my daughter has just this week started school).

We would like to ask you to participate in a series of short, simple questionnaires telling us about how you use the forum and what you get out of it. This research is funded by one of the UK's major Research Councils and so we are now able to pay all respondents for their participation via PayPal or cheque.

Cloth Nappy Tree is one of a very small number of forums that we are approaching. We picked it because I know from personal experience how engaged its members are.

What we are asking from you is to complete three surveys at four-month intervals (each takes about 10 minutes to complete). The research has ethical clearance and complies with the DPA. All answers are fully anonymous. We have set up several options that will allow payment to occur without being linked to individuals' responses.

We do hope you are able to help. The link to the first questionnaire is here: http://psy.ex.ac.uk/~jas215/survey/?sid=24

Many thanks, and kind regards,

Louise Pendry and Jessica Salvatore

Dr Louise Pendry
Senior Lecturer
Senior Tutor
School of Psychology
Washington Singer Laboratories
Perry Road
Exeter EX4 4QG
Tel: 01392 264646

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat