what nappy for chubby thighs?!!

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

what nappy for chubby thighs?!!

Postby beaubelle » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:28 am

Hi there!

My little man is 7 weeks old and 14lbs, most of which I am convinced is concentated in his thighs! My size 1 fuzzis have been tight on the loosest leg setting since day 1 :shock: I am finding tots bots to be the best at the mo, but he hasn't got long left in those either.. Could anyone recommend me some other nappies, either pocket or fitted that might suit? What are tots and fuzzis like in size 2?

I tried LL size 1 but it was too narrow around the leg. What is size 2 like?

Thanks!

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: what nappy for chubby thighs?!!

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 am

I always find that sidesnap nappies fit my two better than front fastening ones. But again it is trial and error to find what suits your LO's shape better and also what's absorbant enough for their needs.

Noah wears bedbugs during the day because he's such a heavy wetter but also wears weenotions northernlights, hollowoak and fluff&stuff.

Northernlights are lovely and not to expensive, your lo would probably go straight into a medium.

For us the same applies to pockets, although we do have ittis and they fit fine because you can fasten them loosely around the thigh and tighten them around the tummy because they have two popper fastenings.

I'd have a look at the classifieds then if they don't suit you won't lose money because you'll be able to sell them on again.

HTH

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 am

We fine side snapping nappies fit better but also get on ok with bumgenius and greenkids pockets.our size 1 little lambs lasted til about 4 months tho.
I think the rise on the size 2 little lambs is likely to be huge for your little one.
Might be worth trying some medium fitted nappies.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:31 pm

I found Sandy's to be quite generous around the thighs and the size one's lasted til about 14 weeks I think. For pockets we use coolababies mainly, although they don't have separate leg snaps they are generous around the legs.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Weenotions northern lights side-snaps - I say this because we get leg-gape on Grace, she's not skinny but not chubby either ;)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat