Don't worry that's normal ;)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: is this normal cloth mum behavior?

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm so glad you ladies are insane too :hohoho:

I have just bought a load of new fitteds (previously just used pockets) so now have two baskets, one for fitteds and wraps, one for pockets. My favourites are always on top, embroidery facing forwards, all snapped up neatly etc. All BG pockets are sorted by colour. I really want a daytime and nighttime fitted basket but haven't got room for 3 seperate ones!

I went to a meet today with the ladies from my NCT antenatal course - I was showing them all my lovely nappies but they all think I'm nuts!!!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 pm

vampiredreams wrote:
Fayesmum wrote:And does anyone else like certain nappies on particular days? We have pocket days & fitted days :roll: We don't have quite enough pockets atm, it really irritates me when i have to get a fitted and wrap out!

We have pocket days on a rota...we work through the fitted box then move onto pockets hehe

:giggle: Max mainly wears BG during the week as his grandparents find these the easiest to put on and then at the weekend he is in fitteds and wool mainly so that his pockets have a 'rest' :D

My avatar
Salbysea
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Salbysea » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Emma1977 wrote:
vampiredreams wrote:
Fayesmum wrote:And does anyone else like certain nappies on particular days? We have pocket days & fitted days :roll: We don't have quite enough pockets atm, it really irritates me when i have to get a fitted and wrap out!

We have pocket days on a rota...we work through the fitted box then move onto pockets hehe

:giggle: Max mainly wears BG during the week as his grandparents find these the easiest to put on and then at the weekend he is in fitteds and wool mainly so that his pockets have a 'rest' :D

LOL :hohoho: :wine:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:29 pm

I have all of mine organised by type, brand and colour, I tend to use nappies that co-ordinate with her outfit each day too :giggle:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:44 pm

A close friend thinks I'm a bit OCD as I have to use clothes pegs that match. I'll show her this thread and then she'll know real OCD :giggle:

emmalala wrote:you lot are mad! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: Thats why I love you all :hohoho:
Btw, I have to co-ordinate the peg colours to the nappy :oops:

Do you match the colour of pegs to the nappy? I distinctly avoid doing that, the pegs have to be the same colour as each other, but a different colour to the nappy. I think it comes from the old saying 'a good contrast is better than a poor match'. Actually I don't know if that is an old saying, but someone said it to me once and it's true, so if it isn't a saying it should be :lol:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:09 pm

You lot are all a bit mad. :giggle: :giggle:

The only sorting I have on mine is, fitteds in one drawer with wraps, pockets in another drawer with one row for daytime and another for night nappies, and then spare inserts/liners at the back of that drawer, I don't really care what is next to what LOL. I do normally like everything to be 'built' and ready to go with liners, inserts if necessary, poppered/velcroed up and just ready to grab and put on. Recently though I've been through a phase of not being @rsed at all :oops: and the poor things have sat in a laundry basket unloved and just being grabbed as we go :oops: . Getting over that though, phew LOL

ETA: I do like to use matching pegs on the line (matched to each other, not to the garment LOL), but not overly bothered if I can't. :giggle:

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:30 am

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: youre all loons!! i have a box for fitteds and a box for pockets on a shelving unit in the lounge wih a smaller box of boosters and liners on the next shelf and all my woolies in a hanging storage thingy. ive got baskets of washing to be put away but my nappys are all in colour order :hohoho: and we have to take prettys when we go out too!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat