Nappies to fit a 4 (going on 40)yo...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Nappies to fit a 4 (going on 40)yo...

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 pm

For Isabelle...

Large Fluff&stuff and sz2 fluffymailSS fits her nicely but they're too trim to cope at night without boosting and is rather like a pair of knickers on her :giggle:

So can you suggest a good side-snap nappy to fit a 4yo? She's quite tall and in age 4-5 and 5-6 clothing...

Doesn't necessarily need to be a night nappy but it does need to be pretty :hohoho:

Toddler Hollow Oak NNs are looking like a good option but they're pretty pricey new and don't come up preloved very often!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Nappies to fit a 4 (going on 40)yo...

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:54 am

Hmmm, we dont have any SS's I dont think....
Toddler Bedbug we had to boost to oblivion.

I do rate the Wild Child NN+, which fits dawn on second tightest snaps :shock:
We also use a hemp Ella's House XL with a bit of MF and/or Bamboo at night times just fine. I have one of the thinner Ella's house (the one without the fleece lining?) and we use that with an extra Ella's house hemp foldy over booster and a MF cleaning cloth tri-folded with a fleece liner.

They're not pretty, and you'll need big woolies/fleece/wrap to cover them, but we also use Bumpers sometimes. They're just white fluffy cotton. Can't remember right now who makes them. But I have one you can borrow if you want? Ive got 3 which are new (prewashed only) as we only use them at night in emergencies (aka when we're out of pretty NNs :giggle: ) They fasten with a nippa, though I've put snaps on one of mine :wink:

ETA: How about Minki Yo-Yo? They do a trim and a not-trim version. The not-trim one might be boostable for nights...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 am

Toddler bedbugs are too small :shock:

Minki Yoyos are out as they're a pocket and she just pees out of the side of them :roll:

Wild Child NN isn't a side snap is it? :?

Bumpers sound very servicable but they're not pretty are they ;) And not side snap ;)

But thankyou :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 am

What about a SS puddlekins? I bet Ems could make one to Isabelles measurements so it fitted just right and can also customise the absorbancy too? They are verrrrrrrry pretty :wine:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 am

Tallin is a skinny 6 (nearly 7) yrs.

He has in his stash;

Toddler bedbugs (and a dreamscape) although they're getting too small
A Kiwi Pie "child" although that's almost too small (and she's shut up shop anyway)
A Kukae and Mimi XL, again getting too small
A Jimmy Riddles pocket fitted - fits nicely
A ZZD pocket fitted - fits nicely
Hollow Oak day nappy - fits ok
Hollow Oak wool in 1- getting small
And we have a custom LLS on the way so hopefully that'll fit very nicely for a while yet. If so then we'll be back for more. I need to get chatting to Puddlekins too I hear.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:02 pm

megansmummy wrote:What about a SS puddlekins? I bet Ems could make one to Isabelles measurements so it fitted just right and can also customise the absorbancy too? They are verrrrrrrry pretty :wine:

WSS! We just received our puddlekins large SS night nappy and its lush, quite trim too but they are supposed to be very absorbent. I know Ems has customised Tanyas NN for Bella so could do the same for Isabelles?

Sarah xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:03 pm

in talks with ems now ;)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:in talks with ems now ;)

You won't regret it Steph. These are by far the best night nappies I have ever seen. I'm really looking forward to testing it overnight.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Will be watching with interest to see how these PK's go although I am not sure anything will match Wildchild for us.
Gracie had her toddler Bedbug on last night, soo much better than the m/l, what is the difference, more layers, it doesn't need boosted at all. x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat