hf1

Holdens Landing AI2

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Holdens Landing AI2

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Does anyone have one and if they do do they have cotton or OBV outer??

What do you prefer x x

Discuss!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Holdens Landing AI2

Postby 50ftQueenie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:13 pm

I have both and have not had any problem with wicking. I, however, seem to be the only one! I know that a couple of ladies have said that serged is less prone to wicking than T&T but I only have the T&T version. Martha has worn her cotton outer for four hours and today wore the OBV outer for 4 hours with NO leaking or wicking. Martha is a light wetter though so it might depend...... I much prefer the OBV outer as it is far more beautiful than the others (It's a playscape). I have two more OBV AI2s on their way and they are serged.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 pm

From Bonnie

Bonnie wrote:I just wanted to make my blanket statement about Playscapes/AI2s, lol. I will do them with an OBV outer if requested, but some people find that they wick more than with a different outer fabric. Some people swear by them too, so it is a personal preference thing it seems. I usually do the PlayScapes with a woven or knit cotton outer. Just wanted to make sure I out that out there so you can adjust you orders if desired :)

It's also been discussed recently on here, I'll try and find a link for you.

Personally we don't get on with them at all - the cotton outer wicks terribly, they're not great for heavy wetters at all.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:32 pm

:-? Not sure how we're going to get on with it - but I have ordered one to try - its serged - but need to confirm with Bonnie what design and material...

Ho hum..... what to do what to do!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 pm

I know that Rox swears by the serged AI2s. She says that she has never had a problem with them but I think she did with the T&T. As I say, I am vastly in the minority!

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Louise wrote:Personally we don't get on with them at all - the cotton outer wicks terribly, they're not great for heavy wetters at all.

WSS... We had to sell ours in the end :cry:

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Thankfully T is a very light wetter and we have the newsprint fabric (cotton), as a serged ai2 - I love it!! It lasts him a good few hours before we need to change....he loves to poop in it though damn him :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:38 pm

I have three on order because they are so pretty - Naomi is a medium wetter - I intend to use them in the summer running around just wearing a dress so any wicking will get a chance to evapourate - however I am quite relaxed about using them with flongies when it is cooler and she needs to wear more, so any wicking then won't matter too much either!
I got T&T and am remaining open minded about it - if they wick, they wick - I will overcome it if it happens!

Saying that, Naomi can wear a goodmama OBV fitted in the day coverless for 3 hours and still be dry on the outside - so we will have to see!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat