hf1

thinking of giving up on cloth nappies :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: thinking of giving up on cloth nappies :(

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Have you tried strip washing your nappies? Build up could be the cause of redness, I found that fleece liners get clogged up after a while and our DD was getting sore. x

My avatar
dottiemum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dottiemum » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:12 pm

I am going to do that on sunday hun never done it befor :oops: and some of my nappies are 19 month old feel so bad but i did not even know they needed it doing :)

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm

I think it's great that you want to carry on despite the difficulties, hope you can find something that works for your DD! (Cute name by the way :giggle:) Stripping might help, and wool/fleece as well because they'll let the nappies breathe a bit more. A couple of times I've checked Lili's nappy just before going to bed around midnight and thought it was quite wet and might need changing in the night (she still wakes up to :bf:), but next time I checked found it was practically dry again because the moisture was able to evaporate.

My avatar
dottiemum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dottiemum » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 pm

thanks hun i would not give up i am too stubborn :giggle: and i hope it will help with the potty training which i think she may be ready very soon, i have orded two wool wraps so will give it till end of next week and see , well done for bf so long delilah stopped at 14 month i did not bf my older girls as my mum and dad both had cancer and it was too much for me to do lol it is such a lovley bonding time :D

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 pm

:giggle: I don't really know when it's going to stop, Lili is *very* attached to her :bf:, still day and night, and *most* put out when I try to dissuade her! Never expected it to go on this long but we're not planning on any more LOs so it may be my last chance :(.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat