hf1

Nursery safe nappies?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Nursery safe nappies?

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:44 pm

I need something thats bomb/idiot proof for the Autumn when Faye is (hopefully) at Nursery. When I looked round on Thursday the deputy manager was telling me disposables and wipes are provided as part of the fee so I said 'well actually she is a cloth nappy wearer and I would like to provide my own' she was really impressed and was all 'wow, well were happy to give them a go if you'll show us what to do....' :hohoho:

So I need to start looking at what I can send her in and how many I'll need for 3 consecutive days.... I've heard pockets can leak if not done up right, but fitteds and wraps can be confusing for newbies :-? If fitteds are the way to go then my other stumbling block is I'm trying to get her out of wraps and into wool asap, and I'm not sending her in wearing longies/skirties :shock: So I need some recomendations for wraps that dont tend to mark badly like ours do :(

Thanks

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Nursery safe nappies?

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:47 am

I always sent Louis in pockets, things like Bumgenius are pretty idiot proof and the velcro makes it easy to get a good fit. I always thought that a 2 parter would be too confusing and therefore more likely to be put on wrong?

If you wanted to go down the wool route, could you not get some cheap preloved longies and use them as trousers? Keeping your lovely ones for home? Another option would be flongies if they work for you?

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:52 am

We sent wonderoos and there were never any problems with those. Flongies would be a good option as it would save you having to buy new nappies.

Stacinator and lovebum pul wraps probably wouldn't leave marks - they have fleece cuffs.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:59 am

If you're going to use fitteds then I'd send flongies in instead of wool as they are easier with washing and I find them just as good waterproof wise as wool.

I only found I had problems with pockets if Oz was wearing more fitted clothing but if you sent Faye in clothes like leggings and jogging bottoms I think you'd do fine.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:36 am

i'd say bumgenus nappies i have bought our first few the other day and really like them also think flongies would be fabby too

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:09 am

Ooooh ok fabby thanks :wine: Would she need a new pair of flongies for each change, aren't they fleece? Sorry bit of a dumb ass question :oops: Stacinator and lovebum pul wraps - how do I get hold of these? I have 2 coolababy pockets that I got in the hope my friend would use them so I have those which is a start :wink:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:01 pm

You can use the same flongies all day. They normally come with an inbuilt soaker or another layer of fleece inside the trousers.

You could still use them with any pockets you have as well as would just add as an extra wrap in case there were any leaks.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Bgs are pretty idiot proof, I mean, df can do them! :hohoho:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Another vote for bumgenius's here. We also use coolababy pockets, but have to put extra hemp into them to make them last. Kate x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat