hf1

Dr. miriam stoppard (rolls eyes)

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Dr. miriam stoppard (rolls eyes)

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:I had a mini rant about this today. a friend had two books by this woman (tho not this kinda book, they were kids learning books, colours counting etc)
stupid misinformed old bag :evil:

I have a few books by her & they are actually quite good ... really disappointed to read that she has published something along these lines as she is one of the best known and trusted authors on the subject of birth, babies etc .. I think we should all write to her formally & complain about the negative slant her book gives & how it is outdated and incorrect.

Does anyone have an address?

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 pm

http://www.miriamstoppard.com/about.html

Contact Us

Miriam Stoppard Lifetime Ltd
The Media Village
131-151 Great Titchfield Street
London
W1W 5BB

Tel: 020 3008 7355
Fax: 020 3008 7356

:lol:

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Doesn't anyone check her facts for her if she can't do it herself??
Surely her publishers would be a bit gutted to find she just makes stuff up!
And I agree with pp... she MUST have shares in pampers.

I feel quite offended that she's insinuating I am poor :shock:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Scotia wrote:What a load of rubbish! Especially since she must have used the old terry squares on her own children :x

I'm sick of hearing how cloth nappies make it hard for them to walk. My children were all very very quick walkers and cloth never held any of them back. Kerr was walking at 8 months.

Neither did any of them die from all the bacteria that I wrapped their bums in every day :roll:

Er - neither did any of us!!!!!!! And I was walking at 13 months - in terry squares and plastic pants........my Mum "splashed out" on disposables for a holiday in Cornwall and ended up using the hotel laundry for nappies because they leaked so badly (1968 for anyone who's interested in Modern History!)

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:08 pm

:giggle: I was before that - I'm ancient :hohoho:

My eldest is 27 so I used the old fashioned terries and plastic pants back then. I remember taking her out one day and my mum gave me such a row! She had on her nappy and plastic pants, then her vest on top of that and another pair of frilly plastic pants on top. Poor wee sweaty sausage :giggle:

I used a packet of disposable nappies for her first few days but couldn't afford them full time, so I kind of get where MS is coming from there. They cost the same back then for a packet as they do now, around £5. And for comparison, you could buy a whole decent outfit for that price then (from Boots or Next or similar), now you can hardly get a pair of socks for a fiver!!

She's just so out f date it's ridiculous :roll:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:44 am

flutterby wrote:I've just read this to OH, he suggested we all leave reviews on amazon, aswell as complaining via her website.

Can't believe someone would write, and publish that, as if people aren't narrow minded enough when it comes to cloth as it is!!

I've left mine, so now there are 2 positive & 2 negative ... think more are needed!

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:11 am

oh this really p##!s me off, I know it may sound far fetched but she dose a lot of talks at the big baby shows like the the ones at the NEC and these are usually sponsored by the big company's

quick google and you find that she did a talk at the The Comfort Pure Stage with Prima Baby on Friday 19th February 2010 this satge was sponcerd by - Unilever, which make huggies :evil: :evil:

http://www.thebabyshow.co.uk/dr-miriam- ... cel-london

http://www.thebabyshow.co.uk/the-persil ... cel-london

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 am

and to share some bad publicity for them,

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/boy-dies ... negligence

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:06 pm

On the poor note, my DF's aunt thought we used cloth cos we couldnt afford disposables so bought us 200 huggies size 2 :roll: I gave most of them away as my neighbour was expecting twins and had no interest in using fluff whatsoever. Such a waste of money. I could have had a nice embroidered WN for the price of them!

Also in hospital they asked if I wanted some disposables recently as if we were too poor to afford them :x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat