hf1

What would you do?

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What would you do?

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm going back to work this week :cry: The girls will be going to nursery 1 day a week & they provide disposables but they've said they're happy to use cloth. Grace will be in the under 2's room & I showed her key worker the BG I'll be sending & she said it's fine & they'll use whatever I send. It's Rebekah's nappies I can't decide what to do about... She's PT but still wears a nappy when she sleeps. She wears fitteds & wool for her nap & I'm not sure the staff would cope with SS & wool :-? When I explained I'd send a nappy for her they said they could just put a protective sheet on her mat instead so I don't think her key worker's that keen. I'm not entirely convinced she'll nap anyway as in the 3-4 room it's all about being independent & making their own choices so she'll only nap if she WANTS to :roll:
She's grown out of most of our pockets & I'm not sure they'd cope with her wee's anyway. I'm wondering if it's worth buying her 1 applix WNOS for nursery :giggle: & telling them to let her sleep in just the nappy (her trousers won't fit over it) or just leaving her to wear sposies if she chooses to nap :roll:

What would you do? :wink:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What would you do?

Postby ladybird » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm not sure I get the problem with the wool and fitted? Can she not just wear wool longies/skirtie/shorties on those days and have a fitted on? Or go with the protective sheet idea? They must be used to children wetting during a nap. Tbh I'd be surprised if she napped, there'll be so much going on and so many other children playing still she'll probably drop it on those days.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:19 pm

What shadow said.
I'd be more worried about the woolies being ruined by playing :giggle:
And if the worker was a bit off about it, it'd make me more determined to do it :hohoho: :oops:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Get a wnos.. and if it does not work or she does not nap you have a pretty new nappy for Grace :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:23 pm

To be honest she probably won't nap though there are kids that do at nursery at that age - does she usually wee during naps?
If they're happy to deal with the accidents then I'd trial the mat suggestion and see how it goes and if it does turn out she needs a nappy at nursery then send a BG or a WNOS (do BGs not fit her then?)

Isabelle stopped napping at nursery before she went up to the preschool room...

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:To be honest she probably won't nap though there are kids that do at nursery at that age - does she usually wee during naps? Most days she does. TBH I think she gets lazy sometimes & waits till the nappy goes on
If they're happy to deal with the accidents then I'd trial the mat suggestion and see how it goes and if it does turn out she needs a nappy at nursery then send a BG or a WNOS (do BGs not fit her then?) BG's sometimes leave red marks & she complains but WNOS are ok

Isabelle stopped napping at nursery before she went up to the preschool room...

charlibunny wrote:Get a wnos.. and if it does not work or she does not nap you have a pretty new nappy for Grace :giggle:

:giggle: I like that idea :giggle:
dawnsmummy wrote:What shadow said.
I'd be more worried about the woolies being ruined by playing :giggle: I'm worried about the woolies getting ruined too. I might send her scruffy shorties that I don't like.
And if the worker was a bit off about it, it'd make me more determined to do it :hohoho: That's what I'm feeling like but not sure if it's worth the fight if she'd not going to nap anyway :giggle

ladybird wrote:I'm not sure I get the problem with the wool and fitted? Can she not just wear wool longies/skirtie/shorties on those days and have a fitted on? Or go with the protective sheet idea? They must be used to children wetting during a nap. Tbh I'd be surprised if she napped, there'll be so much going on and so many other children playing still she'll probably drop it on those days.

Here woolies would all be quite big over knickers & would keep falling down. I'm inclined to agree with you about the nap... She'd rather play than sleep :giggle:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Rebekahs_mum wrote:. She'd rather play than sleep :giggle:

How things change as adults. I'd rather sleep than play/work sometimes :giggle:

I like the idea of a WNOS, like Charlibunny said :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger