hf1

Chicken Pox and Cloth bums?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Chicken Pox and Cloth bums?

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Ok so my youngest now has chicken pox exactly 3 weeks after his big sister.

He so far has a reasonable amount of spots but the majority are on his boy bits and bum. His groin has a few as well. Im now worried they will never dry out properly and they are going to end up infected :(

He has at least 8 spots on his wee nuts alone :shock: ouchy.

So any tips on how to stay in cloth through this spotty time? And general lotions and potions that ay help?

Thanks

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Chicken Pox and Cloth bums?

Postby Louise » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm

No idea about the cloth aspect but there's been a few posts about it in the health section recently, will have a quick look for a link.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Brill thanks, will have a read through. :wine:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Sorry got no advice regarding the use of cloth at this time, but just wanted to say poor little guy!! Both my boys had it in the run up to xmas last year and Brodie had it particularly bad, including in his mouth and on his bits/bum like your LO. We found the calamine cream (as apposed to lotion which can be drying) very good.

Hope he gets better soon :hug:

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:01 pm

big :hug: for Roo

Ethan had chicken pox when he was 4 months and we managed to keep on using cloth. We did stop using are nicer nappies though just used Tots Bots & Little lambs, none of them got ruined. I folded a fleece linner and put it at the front of his nappy so the nappy wouldn't rub and gave him loads of nappy free time.

Naomi -x-

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Also recomend the cream instead of the lotion. And piriton if he can have it?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:Also recomend the cream instead of the lotion. And piriton if he can have it?

He can have piriton at that age, we got it prescribed for Gracie when she had pox at 10 months.
:hug: :hug: :hug: though it is horrid, I think kids seem to get most of the spots on the boy and girl bits, keep using cloth but just use a liner that you can chuck out when you are pox free, clothe is cooler so will keep lo more comfy

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Well I called the doc today for a bit of advice as he has one on his lower eyelid which is quite swollen and he asked how bad it was. SO i told him he was covered and that his bum was really bad too. He said to give him loads of nappy free time as disposables are not breathable and keep the area too warm and I politley informed him we used cloth. So he said frequent changes, gentle wiping and a bit of air but in fact cloth should help him cos they are more breathable and cooler for his bits! Woohoo a doc who knows what he is talking about.

Ive also to give him piriton. 2.5ml twice per day to help with the itching.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat