hf1

using cloth on holiday still deciding!!

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: using cloth on holiday still deciding!!

Postby moonlily » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 am

id take them - in fact i am when we go to disneyland in nov :wine: :wine: :wine: :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 am

We went on a cruise in December 2008. I debated whether to take cloth or not and am really glad in the end that we didn't. The washing facilities were always heaving - huge cruise ship, not many washers. And I wouldn't have put anything more expensive than a terry square in them, TBH, judging by the state of some of the clothes that came out. :shock: Washers on cruise ships are not quite like my lovely all singin', all dancin' Hotpoint. :giggle: And you'd obviously not be able to dry them outside on a cruise ship, even if you have an outside room - you don't want them blowing off into the ocean. :giggle:

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

I used to work on the cruise ships, I think you would be absolutely fine using them, ask your cabin steward for a extra bin and make sure he knows not to empty it into the rubbish :hohoho: . They are all very understanding and adaptable. Just think how lovely your little one will look on decks. Maybe its even an excuse to get a nautical theme :yohoho: and something for formal nights :twisted: have a lovely time.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 am

Go for it.
I took all our fluff to Spain last year.
If they have a free washing and drying service then I deffo say take it.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 am

Not sure if I would as you don't know what the washing facilities are like and if they break or something then you may be stuck with a whole load of dirty nappies and would you be able to then get hold of disposables easily on board? Where would you be able to dry the nappies, when I worked at PGL there were drying rooms and they stank to be honest and stuff was always going missing. I know that you say you don't want to buy nappies to go on holiday but even if one nappy was to go missing this might be more than the price of disposables to take on holiday.

Hope you have a lovely time on your holiday.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 am

Soupdragon wrote:We went on a cruise in December 2008. I debated whether to take cloth or not and am really glad in the end that we didn't. The washing facilities were always heaving - huge cruise ship, not many washers. And I wouldn't have put anything more expensive than a terry square in them, TBH, judging by the state of some of the clothes that came out. :shock: Washers on cruise ships are not quite like my lovely all singin', all dancin' Hotpoint. :giggle: And you'd obviously not be able to dry them outside on a cruise ship, even if you have an outside room - you don't want them blowing off into the ocean. :giggle:

These were my thoughts too - imagine how many people would be wanting to use the machines, plus it would really eat into your holiday time having to sit and wait for the cold rinse to be done, then putting on a wash, then any extra cold rinses etc. It wouldn't be easy if there was a queue.

If it was a regular holiday where I had my own machine (eg. in a villa) I'd take them, but for a cruise I'd put up with the stinky sposies if I was you.

My avatar
SashaE80
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby SashaE80 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 am

I took all of mine on our last ski holiday. I don't regret it, and will be doing it again next time. But as people have said the washing machines weren't as good as home. I used mesh wash bags so they didn't get damaged, but even using powder from home they didn't get as clean. One quick wash at home and they were back to normal though!!

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:47 pm

i would definitly take them especially as the washign facilities are free

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:52 pm

I wouldnt, not on a cruise but thats just my opinion, on a regular holiday yes i would but not on a cruise...

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat