hf1

Can't get rid of poo stains

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Can't get rid of poo stains

Postby Amanda » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:24 am

Hi and happy Friday to you all! I've posted this on BC as well, so lets see where I get the quickest reply :)

Basic question - how do I get rid of poo stains? Connor is very nearly a year old, so it's not like they're bright yellow squirty newborn poos! I even have stains on fleece liners, bumble and huggle, even though I thought fleece wasn't supposed to stain!

I use Ecover, wash at 40, with the occasional hotter wash, and have recently started doing a cold prewash (I didn't use to do that til Tory told me I should - it was great having her to visit, it was like having a personal nappy adviser lol). I've tried adding Ecover bleach, tried using Vanish but I didn't like that as it kind of goes against the Ecover principle!, and tried sunbleaching. All to no avail. Some of my nappies have been borrowed from my cousin, and I can't really offer them back to her complete with stains.

I use paper liners mostly, as I found my fleece ones too small to be effective. Tory also gave me a fleece one that she'd cut herself. As it's much bigger it does the job much better, so I'll be getting some fleece and doing the same I think. But what do I do about my existing stains?

Thanks in advance,

Amanda x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:43 am

If they are white nappies you could maybe try as a one off soaking in nappisan or similar or perhaps spraying a little diluted ecover bleach on the stains. I must admit I did use vanish on Louis nb nappies as I didn't want stains.

I'm not sure what else to suggest :( really hope you can get them sorted soon.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Quicker on here by nearly 3 hours lol!!!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:33 pm

I would just say lots and lots and lots of sunshine... No other answers really sorry!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat