hf1

Cloth nappy and working (outside) full time!

My avatar
babypod
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth nappy and working (outside) full time!

Postby babypod » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I'll be back at work in August and wondering if I will manage as well as now with cloth nappies. I'll be working on a 4 days basis and Liam will go to daycare. They already said they accept cloth nappies but won't wash them (they'll hand me the wet bag at the end of the day).

I'd like to hear from full time (or 4/5) working mums. How well do you manage? How big is your stash? What brands are best for daycare? How often do you do the laundry? Do you have the time and energy at the end of the day?

Thanks!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cloth nappy and working (outside) full time!

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm

I work full time, doing 12 hour shifts.

Sandy isnt in daycare, my mum has him but i still have to leave her nappies and wash them for her as usual. I was every 2nd day usually and will either do them before or after work.

Ive got some bum genius pockets that i keep for when mum has him, any pocket is good for daycare as they are closest to what disposable users are used too.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm

I work Mon-Fri and I do a nappy wash every other day, put in on before I leave and then hang them out when I get home. I use pockets in the day and only have about 20. I don't have a garden so mostly they are dried indoors and get by fne with that amount.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:36 pm

I wouldn't expect them to wash them :?

I provide our nursery with cloth and wipes and take the dirty nappies away at the end of the day, its only the same number of nappies I'd be washing if I was at home but I do have more nappies so that if I can't wash I still have clean ones, I have more than strictly necessary probably ;)
I put a wash on when I get in after work and then it's often finished by the time I go to bed, if not it'll be done by the morning so it all gets shoved in the dryer and on the airer and will be dry by the next night.

I tend to wash whenever our HUGE bucket is full so every 2-3 days really though sometimes longer...

We use pockets at nursery and the best ones are bumgenius without a doubt...
Happy Heiny Onesize, Blueberry onesize, naturebabies onesize, weenotions onesize are all good too though and we have some of each and they're all aplix pockets so very easy for the staff to use.

They use boots paper liners which I provide as it is a little easier for them dealing with poo and nicer for me at the end of the day ;) but not stricly necessary...

I do have the time and energy at the end of the day but it does seem like a chore sometimes ;)

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 pm

I work full time but have a nanny- she uses a mixture of cloth and sposies :x and i always use cloth. i always put the washine machine and tumble drier (or hang it out) on in the am before work and have never found it a hassle :mrgreen: i always have a big sort out of napies and stuff pockets at the weekend which i find v therapeutic :giggle:

My avatar
babypod
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babypod » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks everyone! I'll try to build a bigger stash for then, not that it will be a problem... ;) I have 15 nappies now which is just enough if I wash them every other day.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:31 pm

babypod wrote:Thanks everyone! I'll try to build a bigger stash for then, not that it will be a problem... ;) I have 15 nappies now which is just enough if I wash them every other day.

:giggle: I have 15 nappies just for the three days she's in nursery :shock: :giggle:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
babypod wrote:Thanks everyone! I'll try to build a bigger stash for then, not that it will be a problem... ;) I have 15 nappies now which is just enough if I wash them every other day.

:giggle: I have 15 nappies just for the three days she's in nursery :shock: :giggle:

:giggle: I started off with 15 nappies - I now have about 5 times that :oops:

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:34 pm

pinksalmon2001 wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:

:giggle: I started off with 15 nappies - I now have about 5 times that :oops:

That's not a bad thing!! :giggle: :giggle:

Cathleen xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat