hf1

So, I've got £50. . .

My avatar
fluffy_boy
Clothie
Clothie

So, I've got £50. . .

Postby fluffy_boy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:06 pm

My council are doing cashback if you spend £50 on nappies and accessories, so if you had 50 squids to spend on pre loved nappies what would you choose?
I have a few pockets that I love (I think they are minky outers?), I like the look of blueberries wraps, I've seen a ruby coloured one but I'm worried it might be too girly? I was also wondering about pop ins, tots stretchy bamboo.
I really don't want to spend more than about £8-9 on anything pre loved.
I still have so much to learn with all these new nappies so does anyone have any recommendations?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: So, I've got £50. . .

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:28 pm

DO you need to have reciepts to get the cash back? if so pre-loved may not be a go-er. but I am in love with the new bamboozle stretchy. and pockets - impossible to go wrong with Real easys IMO

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:31 pm

My council gave cashback on preloved I just had to send the paypal receipts via email. (i made sure that payment description said exactly what it was for)

In answer to the what nappies - i think you cant go wrong with GreenKids minkytimes (usually about the price you are looking at)

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Another vote for Real Easys if you get pockets. I love the look of the bamboozle stretchy! I want to get some myself but I can't decide whether to disregard my dislike for aplix or not...

My avatar
fluffy_boy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffy_boy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:00 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:DO you need to have reciepts to get the cash back? if so pre-loved may not be a go-er.

I spoke to the guy at the council who deals with the cash back and he said I could either use paypal receipts or they would accept (hand written) receipts from the people I bought stuff off. I also need to get a HV to sign to say they have seen ds2 in washables.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:01 pm

My Council have stopped that incentive now, so I couldn't get it :( but they did reqiure proper reciepts so check on that before you splurge!

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Ohh i think i would buy a Blueberry, an itti and a weenotions :D

Or maybe a bumgenius to use as a night time nappy...

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm

I think you should spend all the money on customised Weenotions :D but dont listen to me, I'm a bad influence :giggle:

If you haven't tried many yet then I'd try to get at least one of each type. Pockets I have: Minki, Wonderoo, Coolababy (I really recommend these, and they are less than £9 brand new!), Weenotions (this was lent to me it's fab), Fuzzi Bunz. The only AIOs I have at the mo are Ittis - love these :D have you tried fitteds? I really didn't like the idea of these but I tried Little Lambs and now I love those too! They are also quite reasonably priced and you can pick them up quite cheap preloved.

Rach xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat