hf1

Miffed about council incentive

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Miffed about council incentive

Postby JanX » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Was the last voucher in your name? Could you maybe get one in your DP's name?

:giggle: :giggle:

my thoughts exactly :giggle:

My council are rubbish too, no incentives at all here :evil:

Jan x

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:20 pm

The logic behind it is probably if you bought reusable nappies for your first child with their voucher, then they've already provided for your 2nd child (and subsequent children) by them being reusable nappies.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:06 am

We dont get any money towards nappies here either, our local project do offer a starter pack with some nappies to try for £10 so cant really complain though, its better than nowt.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:56 am

Awww that is a shame!!

I got £30 with Megan and then by the time Kieren was born the incentive was £100 and so i got that too!!

My avatar
Clothie Bots
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Clothie Bots » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:00 am

Thats not fair. Bucks County Council offer £30 per child provided they are in cloth for 'the majority' of the time. Might be worth a letter of complaint to them quoting other councils that DO offer it to more than one child?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:42 am

Clothie Bots wrote:Thats not fair. Bucks County Council offer £30 per child provided they are in cloth for 'the majority' of the time.

How do they know? Do they come and check? Or do HV's check up on it?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:43 am

I'm not sure if ours is for ewach child or not (I hope so as I stupidly bought Bam Mio trainers with mine and they've all been sold/binned apart from two pairs :roll: ). But I got £45 voucher to spend.

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:13 pm

at least your councel has an incentive. Leicester county councel do but if you live in the city your not able to apply for it :x

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:26 pm

The idea behind most schemes is to convert parents from disposable nappies to cloth nappies and reduce landfill. If they give the vouchers to parents already using cloth nappies they won't have diverted any more disposables from landfill. From a council's point of view that's not saving them any money and having set up lots of these schemes I can see their point. Lots of scheme are financed externally even if they are run by the council and funders often stipulate that councils have to show how much additional landfill they have saved.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat