hf1

an eco mum with wrong advice (i think)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

an eco mum with wrong advice (i think)

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:07 pm

hi all. at a baby group i go to there is a lady we affectionaly call eco mum. shes on her first baby, is very eco aware and like me uses cloth nappies but she uses bambino mio and they work fabby for her which is brilliant.

anyway.....
we was talking about cloth nappies the other day and i was saying that ethan was the first time i had used cloth on a baby and that while i had a stash built up whilst i was preggers when we got him home i wasnt realy sure what i was doing so he didnt realy go properly into cloth until he was about 5 weeks old or so and that some of the nappies i got i didnt get on with but that was mainly due to not knowing what i was doing and that when we manage to concieve baby number 3 we are planning to use cloth from the day we come out of hospital.

she said she had been told that you shoulodnt use cloth on babies when they are newborn and to wait for a few weeks to a month first...she couldnt tell me who had told her that or why they said that was the case...she thinks she read it somewhere or a midwife told her.
I tried to say there was no reason not to use cloth on a newborn as far as i was aware but i wasnt 100% sure so wanted to check here first.
why would anyone tell her that? has anyone else heard of that before?
sounds wierd to me? :giggle:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: an eco mum with wrong advice (i think)

Postby emmalala » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 pm

very weird, loads of mums on here have used cloth on newborns :-?

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Why on earth not? What does she think people used before disposables were invented? :giggle:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 pm

nope i've not heard that, in fact written into my birth plan is that the baby is to be put in cloth, not into disposables as soon as he is born.x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon May 03, 2010 3:13 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:nope i've not heard that, in fact written into my birth plan is that the baby is to be put in cloth, not into disposables as soon as he is born.x

i will be writing that in mine too :wink:

No reason newborns cant wear cloth straight away x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon May 03, 2010 3:14 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:nope i've not heard that, in fact written into my birth plan is that the baby is to be put in cloth, not into disposables as soon as he is born.x

umm funny question, but not having had a regular birth - how soon after they are 'out' does a nappy go on? just curious?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon May 03, 2010 3:16 pm

yup, sounds rather misinformed. :roll: Not sure what we'll do though this time round as will only be able to use cloth once we get home and have washing facilities, not that I intend to be in for very long this time.

Think they are checked over, have skin to skin and then nappy isn't it?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon May 03, 2010 3:17 pm

i've not had a regular birth either, but as soon as they are breathing etc checked, then nappy and clothes go on.x this is written into my c section plan as i don't want some numptey putting him in a sposie as is standard so it seems. t was dressed by a midwife, so she can have fun trying with cloth instead :wink:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon May 03, 2010 3:18 pm

beffys wrote:yup, sounds rather misinformed. :roll: Not sure what we'll do though this time round as will only be able to use cloth once we get home and have washing facilities, not that I intend to be in for very long this time.

Think they are checked over, have skin to skin and then nappy isn't it?

how come u can't use it in hospital beth? or is that personal choice?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat