hf1

Problems with swaddlebees pocket nappies?!?!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Problems with swaddlebees pocket nappies?!?!

Postby Ruth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi all, now remember I am new to cloth so don't laugh at me...

After testing 1 fuzzi, 1 minki huggles, 1 mommys touch and 1 swaddlebee I have decided on swaddlebees believe it or not!! Jack is quite tall and slim really (much like me..... I WISH!) Now I am worried as I have just ordered 6 because I loved them so much, but hear people have problems with them. After 1 wash he had it on for 2 hours and then pooed in it!!! But he wasn't at all damp and they washed well etc. I liked the fit of them on him as I found a large fuzzi too big and mommy's touch one size a bit of a faff tbh. These are nice and snug on him and I genuinely think he was happiest in them out of all of them (or am I kidding myself cos they are my fave? lol) Can anyone tell me what problems they have had with them? I used a hemp insert that I had washed once so I know it will get much more absorbant after several more washes but 2 hours I thought was pretty good for one wash and I only changed him cos he pooed.

Sorry to waffle!!! Have just spent £60 so having a panic now!!! :?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 pm

Don't panic! :D I think you just 'know' which nappies are going to work for you. Most sellers are quite happy to exchange nappies if they are unused so I'd suggest you give them a couple more test runs then make up your mind and if your not as happy as you think you will be you could return some of them. Your right about the hemp though, it can take 12 washes to get to full absorbancy. the other thing about hemp is that it is slow to absorb the wee so if you are having any problems just lay a microfibre cloth or some terry (even a folded flannel will do) over the hemp as they absorb quickly. I think 2 hours with only one wash is fab!

I saw Heidi's swaddle bee pockets at our manchester meet and I thought they were lovely and she gets on really well with them.

Edit to say Louis is only in a medium fuzzi and on 1 but the tightest setting so unless Jack is loads bigger than him I'd say the large is too big. Louis is quite a chubby boy too! They are now saying that the medium gos up to over 30 lbs and most kids can get away with it till potty training.

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 pm

Thanks Tory. Jack is about 24lb now so I had thought it wouldn't be worth getting a medium, but I might try one now you have said that. I intend to send this one back I think as I reckon by the time he gets in it he'll be ready for pants. In fact I think his dad might be able to get in it :D .

What do you use for a night time nappy. I am undecided on huggles and need an alternative to try. While I appreciate a night nappy will be bulkier than a day especially compared to a swaddlebee, I don't like how bandy legged Jack looks in them especially tonight with his hemp in there too!! I really don't want to do this half heartedly and put him in a disposable at night. Any suggestions?

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi Ruth,

I love my swaddlebees pocket, I only have one but would buy more. It fits fab and stuffed with hemp and microfibre on top it is reliable. :D

I have medium fuzzis for Georgia and at 13 mnths she has plenty of growing room in them. I do have a few large but they are way too big :!: How about trying a petit toddler size, I think they give the fit of a medium but are longer in the rise if your little boy is tall?

Hope this helps

Karen

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:07 pm

I read that about petit todler earlier, yeah I will try that Thanks! Am reassured about the swaddlebees now!! Thought I was getting something terribly wrong! His camo HH came today too! Will have 10 nappies by next week so can get cracking and get rid of the disposables! I hate changing him from cloth to a disposable, it will be so nice to just use cloth all the time! I can not believe how taken I am with them.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:41 pm

Heheheh and so it begins! :)

Glad you're getting on well with them... :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:48 am

Cloth nappies should come with a health warning - they ARE addictive!!

Re night nappies I loved my huggle when I first got it but now I am not so keen. Stuffies hemp/terry stuffie is soooooo much less bulky and just as absorbant (I've even made my own version of them!!). There is no elastic at the back so it sits nice and flat without a big ridge like on the huggle. TBH I don't think I would now recommend huggles just on the ground that they are so chunky and you don't have to have that.

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:12 am

Yeah I am finding that with huggles tbh. He seems quite uncomfortable in them. They are very bulky and he seems to struggle to stand himself up in them once he is laying down iykwim. I have ordered a swaddlebees OV to try at night - will put a hemp and microfibre in to boost I think, oh and a bamboozle and funky red fleece wrap!! HELP ME SOMEONE I CAN'T STOP!!!!! :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:50 am

Not sure how well a swaddlebees ov would work at night tbh, its so lovely and slim I'm not sure that you could even get enough boosting in for it to last overnight. I have used my bamboozles at night boosted and fleece lined and they are quite good. I know one girl really likes the Kiwi quick flip babmboo for night. The thing is that with bamboo or hemp you get more absorbsion for less bulk than cotton. Another new favorite for nights is the baby beehinds bamboo colours they are sooooooooo beautiful and soft and the colours are amazing and they are really slim fitting for the absorbancy as well as the added bonus of being btp (birth to potty) which is handy as you want more babies :D :wink: !

I'm sorry I can't help you with the buying addiction, at least you have the excuse of needing to build up your collection I only buy now through plain old can't help myself!!!! :twisted: I do use the excuse to dh of it being professional reasons, I can' be expected to not know how every nappy on the market works :lol: :lol: :twisted: :!:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat