Which skin products for babies?

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Which skin products for babies?

Postby little1 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:43 pm

major reaction to johnsons here too :oops:
i use halo and horns (or is it horns and halos can't remember) in bath and boots sensitive bottom balm at nappy changes, its good as its absorbed into skin so less residue on nappies than sudocrem.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 05, 2010 10:53 pm

I don't use Johnson stuff either, it makes my skin nip so wonder what it does to babies.
I don't think lo's need anything in their bath, nothing that a bit of warm water doesn't soak off :giggle: I can't use anything either so a deep luxury bubblebath eating choccies and drinking wine is out - oh a girl can dream eh!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu May 06, 2010 6:05 am

We have tried Halos and horns actually and it was nice...forgotten about that stuff!!

As for not putting stuff in the bath, we have oilatum on prescription from the docs (however i really dont like it and havnt used it for ages) as both mine have excema and plain water just dries their skin out?

I like to have a nappy balm on the go becuase he does get a bit red from time to time...not very often but still...

As for powder i find that getting all his boy bits dry a bit tricky sometimes and thats what makes him sore so it would be useful :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu May 06, 2010 6:12 am

cannot use johnsons, don't like the smell and gave Izzy sore skin :( we use greenbaby nappy balm,sleep balm(for massage) and shampoo. I also use my lush products on her when we have a bath together so i get to use grown up stuff but safe for Izzy too!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu May 06, 2010 6:27 am

Johnson's is nasty. I knew a lady who worked for them and she wouldn't use their stuff despite getting it for practically nothing.
For something soothing in the bath try oats, in a sock/tights and let the water run through. Lush do the Ickle Baby Bath (or they did when I used them - too much ick in their stuff for me last time I looked though), but don't recommend their other stuff for babies. In fact bubbles in general aren't recommended for young children as they can cause UTIs although I'm not sure which ingredient(s) in them cause that so natural might be ok.
We loved the baby cream from www.earthbound.co.uk for bottoms and they do a fantastic chickweed and calendula cream for eczema.
Waitrose do a nice, natural, cheap baby range. There's very little in the range, just the basics last time I looked, but it is natural. I think one of the products is just coconut oil and avocado oil and nothing else. Can't get much simpler than that. And it's about £2-£3.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat