hf1

Think i am gonna have to give up for good :(

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Think i am gonna have to give up for good :(

Postby Sally » Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm

princessliana wrote:awwww good luck hon :hug: :hug: :hug: you are doing whats best so don't worry and treat yourself to something nice with your classified money :hug:

:giggle:
no something just for you too :giggle: bag,watch skirt etc :giggle: I treated myself to a LLS skirt as not bought myself anything nice other than essentials for ages :wine: will cheer you up also have my eye on a watch from simply isis :giggle:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm

It sounds like you have tried everything hun! You have to do what's personally best for her like everyone else has said, so don't feel bad - it would be far worse you forcing her to wear what you know aggrevates the problem!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed May 05, 2010 1:26 pm

123princesssammie wrote:
I would like to stay on the CNT as have made many friends and love you ladies, and Alesha will still be in Wahm clothes and still be using my sling etc, but i can understand if you girlies would rather i didnt after all it is called the "cloth nappy tree" for a reason :(

Alesha cried this morning as soon as i went to put cloth on her its as if she know it would cause her pain :cry: :-?

:hug: - please don't leave, it would be a real shame, and not at all what the tree is about - you are still a like-minded person with many friends here, regardless of what nappies you are using.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu May 06, 2010 6:42 pm

WTS, not everyone on here has LOs in cloth nappies, and if it doesn't work for Alesha at least you know you gave it a try and are giving up for all the right reasons (ie doing what's best for your baby girl :wink:). There are loads of parts of this forum that have nothing to do specifically with nappies, there's no reason for you to go! :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
moonsunstars2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby moonsunstars2 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:29 pm

I just wanted to say I know how sad it is to think about not using cloth :cry:

Ben was in cloth until a couple of months ago, I got a preloved one, put it on him and he had a very bad allergic reaction (balanitus, very painful and swollen you know what). Apparently it's a reaction caused by an allergy to a washing powder. Nappies were stripped etc, but Ben refuses point blank to wear one. Even today I aid, look at this lovely nappy, he agreed saying is *made him laugh* I said would you wear one again - yeah he said, I replies, come on then lets try it on - noooooooooooo was the reply, needless to say I didn't get the nappy on him :( . So we are no longer clothie users here either. Gutted as I loved the stash I'd built up. I know it's not quite the same, as I know Ben's nappies would not cause him to have a reaction now, but it's horrible the idea of having to give them up.

Hope your able to get something sorted out to help her skin :( & as otheres have said, buy something nice with the money you will get from the nappies your selling :D

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri May 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:
123princesssammie wrote:
I would like to stay on the CNT as have made many friends and love you ladies, and Alesha will still be in Wahm clothes and still be using my sling etc, but i can understand if you girlies would rather i didnt after all it is called the "cloth nappy tree" for a reason :(

Alesha cried this morning as soon as i went to put cloth on her its as if she know it would cause her pain :cry: :-?

:hug: - please don't leave, it would be a real shame, and not at all what the tree is about - you are still a like-minded person with many friends here, regardless of what nappies you are using.

No don't go, lots of us have LOs who aren't even in nappies any more, to me it's about finding like minded ppl to have a natter with! :hug:

My avatar
emilymiller
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emilymiller » Sat May 08, 2010 7:09 pm

*Waves hello* :idea: :idea:

We've not chatted before as I've only been on here for a bit, but wanted to reply to you as I totally understand the feeling of sadness at giving up on cloth, whether it's permanently or not. My youngest has severe GERD and the pressure from his cloth nappies made him so much worse and increased his pain. I tried so many times to to put them on him without them affecting him, but to no avail, so made the heartbreaking decision to put sposies on him as they didn't put pressure on his tummy and he was much happier. I felt so sad though, couldn't go on the cloth board for ages and had to hide all my nappies in the garage so I couldn't see them. He has gone back in to them now (since December) as his reflux is better controlled and he's upright all day now so the pressure isn't the same on his tummy now, but if it turned out he was unhappy in his cloth then I'd go back to sposies again (with a heavy heart of course!).

Have you seen a dermatologist for her skin? Also, have you ever considered anything like dairy intolerance or anything... sounds odd btu I remember when my DD was little (allergic to dairy) her skin used to come out in blisters when she had her cloth nappies on, and it stopped as soon as she went on to a hypo milk. Might be worth having some allergy tests done maybe?

I haven't read any of your other posts yet so I don't know what you've tried or whether I'm just repeating what someone else has already said, lol! Just wanted to say I understand how you feel! I hope you manage to get her back in cloth again at some point.... and there will always be new yummy fluffiness to buy if the problem does sort itself out :)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat