hf1

Mum's with more than 1 lo in cloth....

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Mum's with more than 1 lo in cloth....

Postby emmalala » Sat May 08, 2010 5:46 am

I wash every night and have enough for spares too. Not really found it a problem but them I'm used to it now

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Hughesette » Sat May 08, 2010 7:21 am

we r now down to 1 in nappies but for ages we had at least 2. Its hard. We used pockets and ai2 for the biggest whilst we hada small baby,and the baby in fitteds, cheap ones. So that helped with drying times. Then moved onto nice fitteds when she got bigger, and then darcey got back into fitteds when it got warmer. X

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat May 08, 2010 8:01 am

sometimes it amazes me how quickly the bucket fills. I wash every day and a bit, and the machine is full. I have a mixture of bamboozles (mostly for lachie) and pockets for riley. I have to admit by the time the next load is dry we're down to the bare bones, and I only have 7 night nappies. So I cant take a break from the washing but I'm in a good routine so I get by.

My avatar
becky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby becky » Sat May 08, 2010 2:31 pm

I have 2 in cloth and wash every other day, occasionally every day. No tumble drier and do find it much easier when I can get them on the line. Use pockets/AIOs but do have a lot of bamboo/hemp inserts/boosters which take ages to dry. Sometimes feel like I spend all my time washing/stuffing nappies but I quite like it :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat May 08, 2010 7:18 pm

I only have one in cloth so can't sympathise totally, but if I go away for a few days I change my routine slightly to make sure that I have enough nappies without taking hundreds (we normally use HL fitteds at home but they take a while to dry fully).

What I normally do is use a pocket at least once a day (often for the last 2 hours or so before bedtime) as then I have at least one quick dry nappy for emergencies. Have more inserts than you do nappies, as often the nappies dry faster so you can use them again without waiting for the inserts to dry.

Maybe invest in a few 'quick dry' fitteds made of different fabric, and use those at the times of day when your LOs don't wee so much (for me, DD is a heavy wetter for the first nappy of the day, so I use a good boosted one and change after 2 hours, later in the day she could go for 3 hours in a less absorbant nappy no problem).

Another option is to maybe have 2 fitteds days followed by a pockets day (or even a sposies day if that helps!) and then once they are dry go back to your fitteds.

Good luck - it will get easier in time I'm sure (I'll try and remember this thread when I have my next baby, as I'll most likely have 2 in cloth then :giggle: )

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat