Done the unthinkable!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Done the unthinkable!

Postby littlesez » Tue May 11, 2010 10:31 pm

I bought a pack of nature care dispicables :( ............................

I went on hols to centre parcs last year and we had a washer dryer! :D so took the cloth no worries.

I went to norfolk in October and took little lambs and terries think some pockets too, It was doable even without a washer dryer :shock: I hand washed and line dried them all BUT BUT BUT I sPent my whole holiday washing! no frickin help either :roll:

Tis my bro's wedding a week next tues in Kos, going for the week :D, staying in a hotel. I just don't know whether I can do cloth again, It makes me feel really sad not to take them so im taking a few. Hubby thinks disposables wont last overnight and I think they will be too sweaty so taking 4 night nappies. WHAT NAPPIES SHALL I TAKE? HELP I HAVE ONLY 20KG LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Done the unthinkable!

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue May 11, 2010 10:34 pm

disposables last overnight for millions of babies, so why not yours? :wink: we use cloth in the day and disposables at night, not a problem.
if you take night nappies take some washing liquid so you can at least half wash them (by hand) in the morning. will stop any ammonia settling into the nappy :wink:
have u decided on what sposies to take?
ETA sorry didnt see the nature care....well dont expect too much from them tbh, i dont rate them. but maybe thats just me :-?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue May 11, 2010 10:41 pm

urgh already bought them :( its only one pack so if i have to change regular so be it. They just wont be able to cope with all that pee, she outpees EVERY night nappy except puddlekins so taking them, cheers for washing tip :D With it being 25 degrees i dont fancy her trying to sleep in plastic either i think she'll be too hot :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Nothing wrong in taking sposies, there is a time and place for them and like Sarah said they work overnight for millions.
When we went to Spain last year we took cloth just enough for a couple of days though, they were in one of those kiddie pull along suitcases in the cabin :oops: We did have a washing machine though so I could stick a wash in most days and dry them in the sun.
It's only for a week so just take some night nappies and wash them when you are there to stop them going stinky x

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:45 pm

we got 3 flip covers and some of the disposable inserts, worked really well lasted 3hrs with 1 insert and overnight with 2. we now use the covers as a wrap over fitteds or as a nappy with a hemp prefold in. going to menorca in june and taking them again. so versatile we even used them as a swim nappy with the inserts removed.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue May 11, 2010 10:47 pm

littlesez wrote:urgh already bought them :( its only one pack so if i have to change regular so be it. They just wont be able to cope with all that pee, she outpees EVERY night nappy except puddlekins so taking them, cheers for washing tip :D With it being 25 degrees i dont fancy her trying to sleep in plastic either i think she'll be too hot :(

charlie outpeed every night nappy too (except the ffn kirsty loaned us, that just got very wet) - but she doesnt outpee sposies.... dont feel guilty either. like kirsty said theres a time and a place. this is it for you. dont let anyone make you feel guilty, and dont feel guilty yourself :hug:
(and use pampers or huggies!!)

ETA what do you use normally then?

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 am

i just came back from a cruise and used cloth, i took all my fuzzi's and Weenotion pockets, there both quite quick to dry compared to fitteds.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 12, 2010 6:51 am

I occasionally use nature care sposies on my V heavy wetter at night & he's fine in them. I would never get pampers or huggies because of all the horrid stuff they contain :wink: And they don't stink like pampers etc :)

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed May 12, 2010 6:53 am

We have used Moltex for trips, we put two on overnight though.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat