hf1

Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks for thinking of us!!

We have stuck with fitteds and wool pretty much 100% (only tried a couple of BG every now and then) and the rash is almost gone :mrgreen: I have been using the organic wipes and stay dry liners and FC it seems to be getting better! :wine:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue May 18, 2010 7:54 pm

megansmummy wrote:Thanks for thinking of us!!

We have stuck with fitteds and wool pretty much 100% (only tried a couple of BG every now and then) and the rash is almost gone :mrgreen: I have been using the organic wipes and stay dry liners and FC it seems to be getting better! :wine:

I've just seen this thread and I am having almost the same problem with Dexter... so Tory I want a break down of exactly what your doing? x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue May 18, 2010 8:01 pm

oh no :(

Right~

*Ditched washable wipes and went back to sposie wipes, caroline sent me some Beaming baby organic wipes and some jackson reece wipes, i have only been using these. (i will have to revert to simple wipes soon as these are going to run out and i cant afford them. however i find simple wipes much more gentle than pampers etc).

*With night nappies I have been doing a fleece/minkee liner in the nappy and then one accross the nappy and hanging out the leg holes to make sure that the whole bum is covered and not staying wet in any spots.

*lots of nappy off time where possible

*I have been using green baby nappy balm, fab stuff, i need more.

*stopped fruit juice and am only giving water...i was giving him fresh orange watered down but i have stopped that. I have also avoided giving his citrus fruits to eat.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 pm

megansmummy wrote:oh no :(

*I have been using green baby nappy balm, fab stuff, i need more.

off to look......

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:36 pm

reading this with interest as we have rash problems on and off with Ryan, which is one of the reasons we haven't been doing cloth at night (though I want to!- his sleeping/lack of is the other main reason)

glad to hear things are improving, and I can vouch for the Green baby balm- that works for us better than anything else, and is so much nicer to apply than metanium!!!

My avatar
SrClaire
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SrClaire » Thu May 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Very interesting! Thanks for this.

We've been having terrible problems with nappy rash too. I don't know all the causes yet but have noticed that feeding my child a banana, just one banana means nappy rash the very next time he has a bowl movement - very unfortunate since his favourite food in the whole world just happens to be... dum, dum, dum ... yes, babanas :roll:

saw some 100% silk poplin in our local fabric shop today and it was reasonably priced so might try those and see if it help.

Have had major success with camomile tea as a wipe solution and as a solution to soak liners in and put (still wet) in the nappy as a sort of barrier but I get lazy and stop making the tea, run out of tea or can't be bothered to go to the hassel and it isn't convenient when out - so we usually end up back at square one when I stop :roll:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu May 20, 2010 4:08 pm

we had some rash issues with t here for a bit, ws quite bad but i got some antibiotic cream from the doc, bum was clear within 48 hours :-) it had been bleeding and alsorts.

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Thu May 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Just a thought i oticed you had cut out citrus, Elliott get very bad nappy rash when ever he has citrus fruits

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Thu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:we had some rash issues with t here for a bit, ws quite bad but i got some antibiotic cream from the doc, bum was clear within 48 hours :-) it had been bleeding and alsorts.

What cream did they give you? They keep giving Leo oral antibiotics but haven't offered us an antibiotic cream (which is what the HV suggested to us).

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat