hf1

Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Aaarrg im really getting frustrated!

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Have you tried the barley water trick that Sara (littlesez) posted about?
Which wipes are you using - I used to get rashes everytime I used cloth wipes on Isabelle...
Earthfriendly baby company wipes are the kindest I've ever found and John Lewis were the cheapest last time I checked for them

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed May 12, 2010 7:11 pm

JabberJabber wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:Other than that or free willy time I have no idea but lots of (can't find a smilie for 'ouchy ouchy')!
I was wondering how the film might help until it clicked :giggle: :giggle:

:hug: :hug: :hug: it sounds like you have tried lots, but I hope something works for you soon.

Kate x

I almost snorted out my tea :giggle:

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mummyme » Wed May 12, 2010 7:13 pm

just another thought dont no if you are :bf: or not but expressed breastmilk is great for nappy rash

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Awww Tory I feel your pain, we struggled for ages with rashes with A, seems to be under control now with fleece liners and Bepanthen used in copious amounts (I know I know lots of people have said Bepanthen is the devils work but it's the only cream that works here :roll: )

I have had to give up on night nappies for the time being though, was using Bedbugs (with 3 fleece liners, one vertically and 2 horizontally hanging out the sides) and getting a rash every time, started to happen even in a plain boosted bamboozle so now he is in stinky sposies which I hate, but his bum seems to love :-?

I also never ever had a problem with rashes with Cameron, and I used to use prefolds and PUL MOtherease wraps with him day and night (before the days of the internet in my house!)

Hope you can get this under control soon for poor little Kierans bum :hug:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:45 pm

No advice but sending lots of :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:no advice sorry, but just wanted to :hug: - it must be maddening. Could he be allergic to a particular fabric do you think? or have you tried all different ones? Minkee and fleece are polyester aren't they? do they let the skin breathe as well as cotton or bamboo?

Sorry I can't help more :(

Sorry i meant fleece and minkee liners...we only have OBV nappies apart from our WNNN's which are cuddlesoft lined..

its not thrush is it? worth checking if it is it wont just go away on its own

I dont think so as its not just on his bottom but all over his nappy area...

Have you tried soaking a fleece liner in cammomile tea and honey? Lachie had weeping burn like sores all over his botbot and by the morning they were clear. But maybe if you used it all the time it might help?

Thanks for the idea, i havnt tried it but deffinatly will...do you just mix the tea and honey together whilst hot and then let it cool??

not sure if it would work but if you have wooden floors you could leave him without a nappy for a few hours? fin is only in a nappy probably less than half the day if we're home all day and then i change him every hour. i think fresh air does the trick for us and also silk liners.

We dont have wooden floors but he does have nappy off time each night before bath and bed...i will try more! :)

Have you tried paper liners at all? I have some reusable liners here that are polyester but not like fleece iyswim. You are welcome to try them if you like (they are brand new, never got round to stocking them in the shop). When you were using the washable wipes, did you use anything on them or just plain water?

I havnt tried paper ones actually...they gave mydaughter a rash so i have avoided those..something else to go on the 'to try' list :) thanks for the offer! We only ever use water on the wipes.

I'm going to see if I can nick some raw silk from my mum (I know she has a load stashed away) as Martha has terrible nappy rash at the moment. Do you want me to get some for you too? It's supposed to help but silk liners are usually pricy. I can cut you some liners and send them to you, for nought obviously, if you'd like to try them....

No i hvant tried raw silk, that wouldbe fabulous, i will pm you :hug:

Have you tried the barley water trick that Sara (littlesez) posted about?
Which wipes are you using - I used to get rashes everytime I used cloth wipes on Isabelle...
Earthfriendly baby company wipes are the kindest I've ever found and John Lewis were the cheapest last time I checked for them

Actually i had forgotten about the barley water...will deffinatly give that a go, thanks hun :hug:
It seems that the cloth ones give him a rash everytime :( I have been using simple wipes and they are fine...no rashes at all....

just another thought dont no if you are or not but expressed breastmilk is great for nappy rash

thanks for the advice but we arnt breastfeeding anymore...

Awww Tory I feel your pain, we struggled for ages with rashes with A, seems to be under control now with fleece liners and Bepanthen used in copious amounts (I know I know lots of people have said Bepanthen is the devils work but it's the only cream that works here )
I have had to give up on night nappies for the time being though, was using Bedbugs (with 3 fleece liners, one vertically and 2 horizontally hanging out the sides) and getting a rash every time, started to happen even in a plain boosted bamboozle so now he is in stinky sposies which I hate, but his bum seems to love
I also never ever had a problem with rashes with Cameron, and I used to use prefolds and PUL MOtherease wraps with him day and night (before the days of the internet in my house!)
Hope you can get this under control soon for poor little Kierans bum

yeah thats what i have been doing with the fleece liners...hanging out the sides but it doesnt seem to help...strange how if i use a sposie at night it keeps the rashes at bay...this is what happened last time but i thought a break from night nappies might have made a difference :(

Thanks everyone :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 12, 2010 7:59 pm

The problem I found with cloth wipes was they didn't seem to get her skin as clean unless I used some form of detergent...
It's the poo mixed with wee that causes rashes...

Thrush can be the whole nappy area not just bum...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:The problem I found with cloth wipes was they didn't seem to get her skin as clean unless I used some form of detergent...
It's the poo mixed with wee that causes rashes...

Thrush can be the whole nappy area not just bum...

ooh ok i will get it checked out , i didnt realise that it could be the whole area, i thought it was just bottom...

I have tried cloth wipe solution to see if that helped but that made it even worse :( i think i will have to give up on those...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 12, 2010 8:05 pm

I did with Isabelle :? And to be honest I've pretty much stopped using cloth wipes with Grace too - got loads of fab wipes for snotty noses now though ;) :lol:

ETA: The tea-tree free 'sensitive' Northern Essences foaming wash was fine for Grace but it's a tad pricey :?

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat