hf1

Please help me with my stash

My avatar
gem1981
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Please help me with my stash

Postby gem1981 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 am

Following on from my thread yesterday I thought I'd list what I currently have for my heavy wetter and see what I should get rid of to fund something better?

I have:

All in one

Cushie tushie couture

Pockets

2 BG one sizes
1 Pop in one size
1 upsy daisy

Fitteds

2 one size mutts
1 holdens landing nappy
1 flexitots
6 terrys
11 tots bots bamboozles
4 cotton tots bots
1 fluffle
1 popolini organic
some ME one size

Wraps

1 BB wrap
4 tots bots
3 ME wraps
1 Debbies nappies wrap

On the way

2 guerilla fluff fitteds
4 baby beehinds one size
2 flexitots
1 pocket bot

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Please help me with my stash

Postby weefywoo » Tue May 18, 2010 9:00 am

I'd get rid of the fluffle the mutts and the cotton tots to be honest ... I found fluffles leaked no matter how I boosted due to the high amount of microfibre, Mutts as I said yesterday are just no good for heavy wetters and the cotton tots are not great as cotton is not the most absorbant material. I would look for bamboo or obv nappies and boost my nappies with hemp booster. With your pockets I would get some Peiti Dessou (sp) bamboo inserts & easy peasy hemp and stuff with that instead of the microfibre insert that came with them e.g the BG insert.

I intensely dislike tots wraps too, they ALWAYS leaked around the legs for Imogen also we had issues with the BB around the legs too... Motherease airflo are good as are Wee notions (maybe try fleece or wool :giggle: )

Flexitots, Guerilla fluff & Baby Behinds are all quite good for heavy wetter imo

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue May 18, 2010 9:03 am

I just want to raise another option, if you're happy with what you have overall but just need a bit more absorption - pick up some hemp boosters (Easy Peasy and Greenkids are great), and add them to the nappies you have (generally under the snap-in insert).

That would probably be the most budget-friendly option - the problem with selling the more basic stuff (Tots, ME) is that you probably won't get a huge amount for them, and most of the nappies we've recommended on the other thread will tend to be on the pricey side :oops: (although you can find most of them preloved, and Northern Lights new, for around £10-12).

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:08 am

for our heavy wetter we didnt get on with mutts or holdenlanding so id reccomened replacing them with something like Dunk n Fluffs or nappies with bamboo :) as for pockets we use weenotinos stuffed with hemp or bamboo, Petit Dessou and green kids inserts are great :)

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Tue May 18, 2010 9:11 am

rhead wrote:I just want to raise another option, if you're happy with what you have overall but just need a bit more absorption - pick up some hemp boosters (Easy Peasy and Greenkids are great), and add them to the nappies you have (generally under the snap-in insert).

That would probably be the most budget-friendly option - the problem with selling the more basic stuff (Tots, ME) is that you probably won't get a huge amount for them, and most of the nappies we've recommended on the other thread will tend to be on the pricey side :oops: (although you can find most of them preloved, and Northern Lights new, for around £10-12).

Actually this is a good point, extra boosting could be for now exactly what you need ..... I bought some fabby bamboo boosters from Puddlekins and they fit into all my nappies ... Definitely hemp under the microfibre inserts in your pockets though

I would still say get rid of the fluffle though :giggle:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 am

Pocket wise BG's may work if they're stuffed with bamboo and hemp instead of the microfibre insert they come with. All our pockets are stuffed with bamboo and hemp, though the only pockets that work reliably for us are WNSS. BG's aren't a great fit on my DS and they seem bulkier somehow :?

Fitted wise I'd get rid of the Mutts and the cotton tots and the MEOS. I find Easy peasy hemp inserts great for boosting - so perhaps you could get some of them to boost your other fitteds? I know not every heavy wetter gets on with HL's but we love ours, I've heard great things about Fluff and Stuff and Dunk and fluff's also. I'm also a fan of Flutterby Fluff's :)

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue May 18, 2010 11:41 am

Just to say, I dont think Cushie Tushies are that great for heavy wetters either - My DD isn't even a particularly heavy wetter and ours still dont last that long - however they are much too pretty for me to get rid of :hohoho:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue May 18, 2010 5:09 pm

weefywoo wrote:
rhead wrote:I just want to raise another option, if you're happy with what you have overall but just need a bit more absorption - pick up some hemp boosters (Easy Peasy and Greenkids are great), and add them to the nappies you have (generally under the snap-in insert).

Actually this is a good point, extra boosting could be for now exactly what you need ..... I bought some fabby bamboo boosters from Puddlekins and they fit into all my nappies ... Definitely hemp under the microfibre inserts in your pockets though

I would still say get rid of the fluffle though :giggle:

Me too :giggle:, I loathe microfibre!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat