hf1

holidays and wipe q's from newishby!

My avatar
moomi_mama
Clothie
Clothie

holidays and wipe q's from newishby!

Postby moomi_mama » Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm

hi mamas, slowly getting used to being in cloth but still only p/t at the mo as we use up our costco mega box of disposables

so we are going away in a couple of weeks and i was wondering if you had any tips for new-to-cloth-on-hols people?!

i have in my little stash

2 flip outers

7 flip inserts

1 wrap

2 fuzzibuns daisys

2 ho pockets

and a load of boosters donated by a lovely lady

i also have otw

1 wrap

2 tb fitteds

so what does that look like? enough?

i was after some more pre loved bg flips but they are like gold dust i think

so what should i be doing to keep them ok? gonna use disposables at night as i havent any night nappies and mimi is a heavy wetter.

then to wipes---i was looking at the cheeky wipes and wondering if anyone has got them? i dont fancy fleece but any tips would be great.

tia

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: holidays and wipe q's from newishby!

Postby sjm » Tue May 18, 2010 6:44 pm

I have some prefolds you can have if they will fit the flips. What size are the inserts and i will take a look tomorrow.
Your nappies should dry nice and quickly in the sun.
We love reusable wipes i have cheeky wipes and some i got of nms but not syre of the make will ask
sarah

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

I use washable wipes - cheeky wipes arent fleece - I dont get on with fleece ones - tend to smear the poo about a bit - prefer cotton, bamboo or chenille.

Good luck with your stash building!

Vicki

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Tue May 18, 2010 7:22 pm

We have the cheeky wipes and I find them great - lovely size, for bums and for dirty hands and faces ;)
As for going on holiday, honestly not sure as we haven't done it yet. But you can buy disposable inserts for the BG flips which might work well for you.

Good luck with creating your stash though - mine consisted of only BGs before I started browsing on here...now I have loads :hohoho:

My avatar
moomi_mama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby moomi_mama » Tue May 18, 2010 8:05 pm

thanks ladies. I.m already a sling addict and now the nappies are taking over! Sarah are you going for lunch tomorrow? X x

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Tue May 18, 2010 8:09 pm

If i feel upto it. Have a horrid cold but gonna try. Are you going i could bring the close carrier
sarah

My avatar
moomi_mama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby moomi_mama » Tue May 18, 2010 8:19 pm

yeah. Its molls birthday on thurs so we are going to make it part of her treat! X

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat