hf1

Cloth in Sainsburys

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cloth in Sainsburys

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:22 pm

I've seen them in my local BIG sainsbury's too, not heard good things about them either though, but never tried them.

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:00 pm

I got excited when seeing the title of the post but shame they can't stock something more appealing. You would think they would actually get someone who knew something about cloth to inform the buyers wouldn't you? I suppose it's just the big companies that approach them with their sales pitch..Well, I suppose it is a move in the right direction at least.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:28 pm

Some companies seem to put all their money into marketing, and nothing into improving their nappies!!! Little companies and WAHMs put all their money into improving their nappies,and haven't any left for marketing. Then, because the big companies do all the marketing, the newbies get put off, as they only see the rubbish in the shops, buy it, and then get disillusioned. I think the supermarkets are quite pleased about this really, as it boosts their sales of sposies very nicely thank you! I have come to the conclusion that many of the supermarkets which sell cloth, actually target the worst ones, so it puts people off using them!?

(That should cause comments to flow!!!!)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:30 pm

mumtokirsty wrote:Some companies seem to put all their money into marketing, and nothing into improving their nappies!!! Little companies and WAHMs put all their money into improving their nappies,and haven't any left for marketing. Then, because the big companies do all the marketing, the newbies get put off, as they only see the rubbish in the shops, buy it, and then get disillusioned. I think the supermarkets are quite pleased about this really, as it boosts their sales of sposies very nicely thank you! I have come to the conclusion that many of the supermarkets which sell cloth, actually target the worst ones, so it puts people off using them!?

(That should cause comments to flow!!!!)

Good theory on the big and perhaps not so good nappy makers and as far as the supermarkets are concerned I wouldn't put it past them!!! At least Waitrose does Motherease - a bit boring but at least a decent reliable nappy!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat