hf1

Funny where you get talking about cloth!!!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Funny where you get talking about cloth!!!

Postby nic1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:45 pm

I was doing just that in the asda to the checkout lady! It started with her trying to start putting my shopping away and then i said i had the re-usable bags and she said they were a very good idea. After a discussion about the bags i went on to say i used cloth nappies and she was saying she used them on her dd when she was younger blah blah blah......had a right good natter while i was packing the shopping and she said i should be proud......and you know what...I AM!!! :D :lol: :lol:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Funny where you get talking about cloth!!!

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Well done Nic - I am always reluctant to tell people that I use cloth nappies as I always get looked at as if I have 2 heads. My mother, now thats a different story - she can bring the subject up in the middle of random conversations with anybody and she gets a different reaction to the one I get - perhaps because Ive had so many negative reactions I show Im not keen to talk about them, but she is very proud of the fact we use cloth and perhaps that shows?

Sadie xx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:10 pm

I ended up talking about them at the gym tonight :shock:

jan x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Well done Nic! The last conversation I had with a stranger about it was when I was looking round a pre-school before putting Connor's name down. I'd asked if the children had to be out of nappies, and we got into a conversation of how she used to say yes, but now that everyone seems to use disposables children are potty training later. I said Connor was in cloth and she gave me a hug and congratulated me. I felt very proud! :D

Amanda x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Yay, good on you! I have had quite a few conversations in the supermarket, post office and one rather long, explanatory one in the laundrette room on a campsite with a father to be - while washing my cloth :lol: Think I might have sold him on the idea too!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:19 pm

funnily enough its usually DP that gets chatting to people about it :lol: he can talk to anyone and everyone :D

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:46 pm

beck wrote:funnily enough its usually DP that gets chatting to people about it :lol: he can talk to anyone and everyone :D

James is the same!!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat