hf1

If you could use pockets full time would you?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

If you could use pockets full time would you?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 am

I'm in that random place again, not being able to make my own mind up :giggle:

riley is almost in pockets or AI2's full time, with the odd fitted. Lachlan is about 1/3 pockets, 2/3's fitted but its only like that because 1. I don't have enough pockets for both of them, and 2. I love his woolies that Donna from SWB made him.

I just can't decide whether to move him into pockets full time too?

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: If you could use pockets full time would you?

Postby weefywoo » Mon May 24, 2010 8:12 am

Honestly ... No :giggle:

I can't always rely on pockets to hold wee in so only use them about a 10th of the time or while Imogen is at my sisters when I work, My sister just does not "get" wool :roll:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon May 24, 2010 8:13 am

No I wouldn't. I find fitteds and wool far more reliable plus wool is more breathable too. A lot of pockets don't work well for heavy wetters either and I have known people who have had to stop using them altogether for this reason.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon May 24, 2010 8:14 am

I'm the opposite and would be happy to use fitteds and wool full time - though I do think pockets are useful occasionally!

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 am

With Kai i only ever used pockets- rarely had a problem & they worked well for us...

This time i don't get on great with pockets as Elsie is a heavy wetter.... Dh wishes we could as he copes better with front snap & his bank balance was better when i didn't love wool!! :giggle:

I really love how well wool works/ looks (same with fleece) so no i wouldn't use pockets FT.....

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:21 am

No, I love having the choice, and I LOVE my wool so I don't think I could give them up :lol:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 am

I used them full time with Megan, only bought 15BG's when she was born...thats was my 'stash' :giggle: anyway at about 8-10 months i gave them up completly becuase nothing worked anymore...we got leaks all the time at nursery...then i switched to fitteds and we got on much better...you know im more about fitteds with Kieren but thats becuase of my experience with Megan (amoungst other reasons) :)

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 am

like the others said i love wool! and love having the option of using both fitteds and pockets because they both work well for us, i have to say i do use pockets probably more the fitteds lately, think thats because i dont have enough shorties!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon May 24, 2010 8:34 am

We only use pockets on Ben. Did use to use fitteds but found pockets so much more convenient and less bulky for him. Nursery also got on fine with them so we have ditched the fitteds. Even at night we have given up on the fitteds and find Minki pockets easier and more comfortable for him.

I loved wool but tbh I was rubbish at washing and lanolising them regularly so gave up on that - I know it isn't hard but I am so lazy :giggle:

Just shows that what suits some people, others do differently

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat