hf1

'Workhorses' and pretty nappies - which do you have more of?

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: 'Workhorses' and pretty nappies - which do you have more of?

Postby Scotia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 pm

My 'pretty' fitteds are just dyed bv ones, or knit print DnFs. I don't have any embroidered fitteds. Although you could argue embroidered pockets are a waste of money for boys, I just like to have a few. He can wear just a nappy and t-shirt in the summer so they count as clothes to me then :D

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 pm

twinkletot wrote:
northernruth wrote:I don't understand pretty fitteds? Why not just pretty wraps? enlighten me, o fitted fans.

It's nice for me to look at :giggle: I suppose I can only liken it to having pretty knickers only you know it's there but it makes you feel so much nicer :)

:giggle: so true!!!

I let him go coverless too when were at home :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:35 pm

evansmummy wrote:
twinkletot wrote:
northernruth wrote:I don't understand pretty fitteds? Why not just pretty wraps? enlighten me, o fitted fans.

It's nice for me to look at :giggle: I suppose I can only liken it to having pretty knickers only you know it's there but it makes you feel so much nicer :)

:giggle: so true!!!

I let him go coverless too when were at home :wink:

Me too when it's warm (be that sun or heating :giggle: )

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:43 pm

You know you have a only pretty stash when you can answer this question with: do Dunk N Fluff and Holden's Landing count as workhorse? ;)

Ruth - in our case, we can only use fitteds because Iris is such a heavy wetter. And seen as I have to launder them and put them back together, I want something pretty to look at while I do it. That and it's like having nice underwear. :giggle:

My avatar
Perrine
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Perrine » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:51 pm

As others have said before, just like pretty underwear or pretty fluffy CSP :lol:
And it looks good on the washing line :hohoho:

My avatar
Orchid
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Orchid » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 pm

What's the difference between a pretty fitted and a pretty wrap? They're all going to be covered by clothes/woollies. The reason why I like pretty fitteds is because they're the only thing that has been 99% reliable for us so far touch wood.

Didn't like bamboozles, bumgenious, rumparooz, naturesbabies because I had leaks with all of them. And I hate aplix so got rid of all nappies with it cause it nearly chewed up one of my wnnn. I only have kept my ittis and fuzzis because I like a change and plus the fuzzi pockets dry superfast and I stuff them with bamboo terry squares which dry fast too.

I don't really have a workhorse nappy because the most I have of one kind is 6.

:D

My avatar
Bobble
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bobble » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:25 pm

twinkletot wrote:

:giggle: Maybe I could use that as a reason with dh when the LLS order arrives

Would love more pretty fitteds, most reliable workhorse we have is our hemp baby beehinds, but bamboo is so much softer and cuter than hemp. LL size 2 too small for my chunky girl, so looking at size 3's. Stretchies look interesting too.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 pm

We have mainly WAHM nappies, far better than any branded one. We have 1 LL which was a freebie (its usually a before bed but after bath nappy) and 2 Blueberries - i think thats it, the rest are Wahm and they are our workhorse pretty nappies :wink:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:What are workhorse nappies? :shock: :giggle: :twisted:

Ok so I have nursery nappies which are fairly borning - bumgenius and blueberries but ALL my other nappies are pretty :lol:

pretty much the same here - I have BG pockets which were the first nappies I bought when DD was 2 weeks old. they have worked really well for us but they are just so boring, although they are my most reliable pockets so I'm keeping them for when DD starts nursery.

Otherwise it's pretty nappies all the way for us, mainly fitteds and wool, but also a few WNSS pockets which look lovely, but I only use if I know I can change DD in 2 hours as they can be a bit hit and miss for us.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat