Cloth pull ups for very young/small toddlers

My avatar
Mary Jo
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth pull ups for very young/small toddlers

Postby Mary Jo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Is there such a thing?

I'm having such a hard time changing Adam at the moment that if I was using disposables I'd have switched to pull ups by now, at least to try. Nappy time has turned into the worst part of my day, he fights me so hard, will absolutely not lie down for a second. Distraction rarely works. I am afraid I'll accidentally hurt him by holding him down.

He's only 10 months old, and 21lb. But strong - and strong-willed.

I can sometimes manage to get the nappy on by fastening the wrap (on a Flip) or the the aplix tabs loosely, having him step in and then pulling up, but not always, and the result is often unsatisfactory (insert and liner gets crumpled, it just doesn't seem comfy).

I've found the link to the Minki pull on nappies but they start at 18 months. :(

Any ideas?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cloth pull ups for very young/small toddlers

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:40 pm

:idea:
can't help I'm afraid but why don't you maybe ask in the WHAM wonders section, some one may be able to help you there xx

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Mary Jo wrote:I've found the link to the Minki pull on nappies but they start at 18 months. :(

Email the lovely ladies there. I have the opposite problem with my DD, she's too big for most nappies :oops: They were willing to make huge ones, custom to Dawn's measurements, so they might do some smaller ones for you if you ask
HTH! :hug:

My avatar
Mary Jo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mary Jo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Oh, thank you both. :D I will do that.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:35 am

The only thing about pull ups is that you can tear the sides of a disposable one to take it off if it's really dirty. Could be a bit yukk taking off a dirty cloth pull up :puke: :giggle:

I feel your pain though - it's a nightmare getting Kerr to keep still to get his nappies on sometimes :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:40 am

eleanor, the minki pull ups have poppers ;)

My avatar
Mary Jo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mary Jo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:33 am

Scotia, I already take his nappies off with him standing up, pooey as well. I have a big wet cloth wipe ready and grab his bum before he sits down and whip the nappy away. It's not usually messy. :)

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:12 am

dawnsmummy wrote:eleanor, the minki pull ups have poppers ;)

Ah, I didn't know that. Good idea! :)

Mary Jo wrote:Scotia, I already take his nappies off with him standing up, pooey as well. I have a big wet cloth wipe ready and grab his bum before he sits down and whip the nappy away. It's not usually messy. :)

:giggle:

Hope you manage to get something that suits you and your little wriggler :D

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:19 am

I have used swaddlebees pocket nappies as pull ups. They are a very trim fitting side snapping nappy.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat