hf1

Need new nappies...please help!

My avatar
staceybear
Clothie
Clothie

Need new nappies...please help!

Postby staceybear » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:22 am

Hi! I really need some new nappies as Amelie growing out of her size 1s (she is about 14/15lb) Currently using totsbots cotton and lollipop bamboo nappies, with motherease, onelife and totsbots wraps.
Just wondering, if now she is bigger, am I better off with one size nappies, or Medium? if I buy medium, will I be buying another load again in a few months?
I have just bought a slinky minky from here and having a go with a pocket nappy, although the ones I have tried seem to leak (which is a shame as I love them!) So wondering if its best to stick with what I have already?!
Aghh I'm rubbish at this! I am just using what was lent to me from a friend really, but need some advice on what to get next!
Thanks in advance!x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Need new nappies...please help!

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:40 pm

bumping for replies...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Humm!
our Gracie could still fit in mediums apart from the rise so we had to go for larges in most nappies, some makers offer a large standard rise or a meduim trim which could be an option for you. What brands are you thinking of getting?
Bumgenious are a good Os nappy x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:55 pm

I would try bamboo motherease onesize - they are a fab onesize nappy imo.

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Isla'smum » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:44 am

Once DD2 was out of her smalls I pretty much only used my Bumgenius V3s until she could undo the aplix :roll: I also used some medium Itti Bittis but I don't recall them lasting too long before we needed larges :) You couldn't go wrong with some BGV3s IMO and there are some bargain deals on at the moment :wink:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:55 am

Izzy was in mediums for a few months so yes you would then need to buy larges. I prefer it this way as I got a good fit with both, however i liked weenotion one size and bumgeniuos though. Thing is you can always sell stuff on here hun when its outgrown :wink:

What inserts are you using? pockets are only as good as what you stuff them with. I found leaks lots until i bought some decent inserts. Fitteds wise we have little lambs (budget) and dunk and fluff/fluff and stuff/lusciuos little somethings/puddlekins (fancy) all fab. If tots bots and motherease are good for you then maybe get some more hun x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:07 am

Size 2 tots bots stretchies are BRILL, and can be snapped down to fit on a smaller baby.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 am

i mainly use v2 bumgenius. i boost them with 2 little lamb bamboo boosters and 1 easy peasy hemp booster and they last for ages and we very rarely get leaks. they fit birth to potty and are even cheaper to pick up than the v3 ones.

another option for you in a fitted nappy would be size 2 bamboo little lambs.....lovely and soft, i adore these nappies...they do take ages to dry though.
good luck hun xx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:07 am

Rufus grew out of his smalls at about that weight (with the exception of his Tots Bamboozles which he is only now out of at 19lbs) I bought lots of replacements which he then grew out of very quickly, but I did know this would happen so only bought pre-loved (with the exception of 3) I found DnF & HL M's quite versitile & the Tots Stretchy Sz2 ... there is no way that the normal bamboozles or LL Sz2 would have fit until very recently as they are so much bigger!
Perhaps some OS would work for you?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat