hf1

nappy organisation for hols...

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Re: nappy organisation for hols...

Postby takefu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Are the flip inserts like disposable boosters? I have a couple of packs of those from Boots- could stick one in a normal wrap... Might try it later. LOL about customs... Would a couple of wet Nappies count as a liquid?! Ha ha!

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:03 pm

I put a disposable insert in a V3 for dd yesterday and it done the job, just looked a bit crunched up from between her legs? Don't think I'd trust just one for ds though, would double them up or at least put something thin behind it to keep it a bit flatter? He does bigger wees but I also change him less than her.

Look soooo much like sanitary towels it's embarrasing putting them in the bin!

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 pm

I've come to the conclusion that holidays are what sposies are for. Seriously. We've just come back from a week in Cornwall, I did take some fluff, rinsed and brought home to wash but we mostly put DS in sposies. A wash and dry in the launderette where we were staying was a fiver - and that was a 'special offer'! I did one load of laundry, clothes, and the dryer time we paid for with that fiver wasn't even enough to get the clothes dry and we had to finish them on the airer out of the caravan window!

Sposies, and not a minute's guilt, for me anyway!

My avatar
takefu
Clothie
Clothie

Postby takefu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Yeah, I admit, when we went camping over the bank holiday weekend I did think I should go out and get myself a pack of disposables- maybe the eco-friendly kind to make myself feel better. It was a real hassle and we had so much stuff anyway with two kids... but after we came back I felt good that I had tried. Maybe going down the middle road is a good compromise. I might bring 10 nappies to use when we are home and get some sposies for out and about... wash every other day if I can. I guess my trip is different than a normal holiday, I'll have use of a washing machine. Little does my mother know what I want to use it for- ha ha ha!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat