hf1

Anyone else ever had problems receiving swaps?

My avatar
mellyp
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Anyone else ever had problems receiving swaps?

Postby mellyp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am

I've sent my offers to 2 people (one I've dealt with previously in business and one I've bought from before on here), and I never received anything in return.
I keep sending pm's on here and Facebook, but still nothing.

It gets me feeling that you can't trust anyone :( :( :( very disappointed...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Anyone else ever had problems receiving swaps?

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:37 am

pm a mod with details hun :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:44 am

I sent a night nappy to a lady in April & never recieved anything in return :( :cry: . £14 down the drain too. She did read one PM I sent, but not the other so I sent her a polite note in the post but to no avail.

It's only happened once but def makes me feel much more cautious about transactions.

FC your goods turn up :hug:

My avatar
mellyp
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mellyp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks Stacey, yeah I think I'll have to.
It's been ages since the swap ads though and I haven't seen either of the mamas on here since, although they put plenty of ads up and seemed to get loads of interest/potential sales at the time.

:( :hug:

And Shaunie, my problems started around that time too. Wonder if we're talking about the same person...?
:babyrolleyes:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:56 am

Have PM'd you :wink:

My avatar
mellyp
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mellyp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am

Thanks Shaunie, I've replied...
:hug:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:13 am

If anyone has problems with swaps/purchases from other members please do let a Moderator know. There is more information here on the Dispute Process. And leave appropriate feedback for that person if the probelms are not resolved.

There is a suggestion in the Classifieds rules to protect members who are swapping items rather than purchasing
Swaps with other members

In order to protect yourself when participating in swaps with other members, we would suggest that each person sends the other a regular PayPal payment for the value of the goods being swapped. This will ensure that you are covered in case anything goes wrong, and provide proof of value if the goods are lost in transit. As both participants are sending a payment it will only effectively 'cost' you the amount of the PayPal fees. This is of course entirely at your own discretion.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:19 am

babyroo wrote:If anyone has problems with swaps/purchases from other members please do let a Moderator know. There is more information here on the Dispute Process. And leave appropriate feedback for that person if the probelms are not resolved.

There is a suggestion in the Classifieds rules to protect members who are swapping items rather than purchasing
Swaps with other members

In order to protect yourself when participating in swaps with other members, we would suggest that each person sends the other a regular PayPal payment for the value of the goods being swapped. This will ensure that you are covered in case anything goes wrong, and provide proof of value if the goods are lost in transit. As both participants are sending a payment it will only effectively 'cost' you the amount of the PayPal fees. This is of course entirely at your own discretion.

I did let a moderator know as well. This above statement makes sense but I guess some people swap sometimes because they have no pp funds. Def something I will consider next time though.

My avatar
mellyp
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mellyp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:36 am

Shaunie wrote:
babyroo wrote:If anyone has problems with swaps/purchases from other members please do let a Moderator know. There is more information here on the Dispute Process. And leave appropriate feedback for that person if the probelms are not resolved.

Swaps with other members

I did let a moderator know as well. This above statement makes sense but I guess some people swap sometimes because they have no pp funds. Def something I will consider next time though.

WSS, people opt for the swap board if they've not enough funds in Paypal - I guess maybe I'm too trustworthy...
:(

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat