hf1

Ok, I give up :( - Giving it one last try

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Ok, I give up :( - Giving it one last try

Postby tanya » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm giving up on cloth day nappies with Bella. I just cannot contain the leaks.

I have just got her up from her nap (which was about 2 hours) and she was soaked from her armpits to her knees, as was her bed, bedding etc. She was wearing a Fluff n Stuff day-to-night nappy, which has a trifold insert, with an additional popper-on booster, v similar to the old style WNNN. Over this was a ME Rikki wrap. I can't trust wool for nap times anymore :(

It's not the first time this has happened either.

I've changed her into a sposie, as experience over the last 6-7 weeks has told me that the size she is in now can cope with her power wetting.

I wish I could keep her in cloth, but I can't afford to change her stash over again and I suspect the only things which would work for her now would be night nappies, which are expensive.

:cry: :cry:
Last edited by tanya on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Ok, I give up :(

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Oh Tanya :hug: :hug: :hug:
Do you think she is close to PT and holding onto the wee and letting all out in a flood?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 pm

zoeyboo wrote:Do you think she is close to PT and holding onto the wee and letting all out in a flood?

Definitely. I have to wait for my parents to come up to visit and bring back the potty and loo seat for her (forgotten when we packed to come back) and then I'll try her again with the PT'ing.

I've also started giving her almost plain water - I say almost as I'm still putting a tiny drop of squash in there, enough to colour the water, but there's no flavour. I tasted it to make sure :puke: and she's still guzzling it down :(

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:42 pm

:hug: :hug: nothing wrong with sposies, you've tried your hardest.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:47 pm

:hug: :hug: hope you can still use cloth with jake though :hug: :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

laceybat wrote: :hug: :hug: hope you can still use cloth with jake though :hug: :hug:

Jake will stay in cloth. I can manage with his.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:31 pm

:shock: at the flooding! I really wouldn't worry about it hun, with a newborn on your hands you don't need the stress. It'll probably only be for a short while until she PLs, you've tried your best and there's no shame in doing what works for you and Bella!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:51 pm

I've decided, instead of giving up completely, I am going to give it one more go. I have dug out all of my boosting materials and I will double boost every nappy she has got and see if that works.

I can't change her any more often as I never know when she's gonna pee and even if I said I was gonna change every 2 hours, she may not have peed by then. She might saturate the nappy 30 mins or 2 hours later.

Wish me luck

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ok, I give up :( - Giving it one last try

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Good luck! :hug:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat