hf1

Thinest Nappy? (2 parters)

My avatar
KaiAlexOlli
Clothie
Clothie

Thinest Nappy? (2 parters)

Postby KaiAlexOlli » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi there, my name is Kai (said K) and i have posted here a few times but usually reside over at Natural Mamas :wink: :D
Anyway i'm after some help! I've used cloth on all of mine, and DD is proving quite a challange! She's 7 months and crawling and cruising and very very almost walking! She HATES any bulk with a passion, she gets really upset and stressed! We had been using a mix of little lamb bamboo, itti's, Mamabless bamboo and some shapped mothercare terry ones i got given, oh and a few pop-ins and a Little lamb pocket! But when i put one of the pop-in's on her yesterday she got SOOOOOOOO stressed and upset :x , and same with the little lamb bamboo, and the mamabless, now i love all 3 of these types and i do appriciate that when she is up on her feet better then it'll probably be ok but atm it leaves a very unhappy baby!!!
The Mothercare shapped terries are good, very thin, not great absobant, they last her about 2/3 hours max, so i don't think she's a heavy wetter at all, but they ARE getting too small! So enable me?! I think Sandy's maybe good, but i don't know.......
I haven't used sandy's sinced DS2 was small!!! I'd prefer 2 parters as she's mainly in Wool and occasionally PUL and fleece, we use Little Lamb wraps as i've found they work better on her, but Wool is out mainstay! She is a tall and slightly chunk girl, she's 21lb just over at 7.5 months, of which i do expect her to slim out again soon when she is upright as much as she's desperate to be!!!
Thanx for any help in advance!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Thinest Nappy? (2 parters)

Postby Caroline » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:45 pm

I would say Sandy's and Thirsties are both really slim yet good on absorbency. What's her body shape like, would a slim pocket be any good or would you need to popper it down too much (if it something like a bumGenius)? Thirsties Duo Diapers are slim but pockets dont suit everyone.

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:51 pm

My friend who has petite children loved these for slimness http://www.kittykins.co.uk/cloth-nappie ... %27s+house although I don't think hers has a fold out booster. The popper ones fit over a bigger range than the applix ones. Not everyone likes the hemp, and some find they go a bit cardboardy, but the ones I've had (mostly bumhuggers for nights) have not been a problem for me. North Essex - hardish water.

These without the booster can be quite slim at the right point in the size range, and if you are used to nippa-ing shaped nappies would be a doddle. http://www.angeltots.co.uk/ourshop/cat_ ... ppies.html

Sandies and thirsties are also worth a look.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Dunk n Fluffs are really slim and i find them very thirsty :wink:

HTH and welcome :) x

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Isla'smum » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 am

Yes I love our Dunk n Fluffs too but I already told you that on Natural Mamas :giggle:

Hello over here :idea:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 am

My thinnest nappies are Flutterby Fluffs - they aren't quite as absorbant as some of my other nappies, but it sounds like your DD isn't quite as heavy a wetter.

I actually have two for sale at the moment if you are interested - can do pics if you want (PS. My DD is a very similar size to yours - she's 9.5 months now and is cruising and crawling, but at 7.5 months she was about the same weight).

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 am

Dunk n Fluff or Muttaquin are lovely and slim

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 am

As others have said Muttaqins are nice slim fitteds. I haven't personally tried them but tots bots stretchies look quite slim too.

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:33 am

Ellas house nappies are the slimmest we have, I usually use them with a fleece topped booster and they last a few hours. R is usually a light wetter though so I can get away with just the nappy. They do go hard though after a while, much more than any of the other nappies.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat