hf1

Frustrated out peeing everything

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Frustrated out peeing everything

Postby sjm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Lucas is a big drinker and currently out pees everything. Have a lot of pockets as he is such a wriggler they are quickest but seem to change him loads and still get leaks. Just feel frustrated really dont want to give up.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Frustrated out peeing everything

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:39 pm

which pockets and what are u stuffing with? Fitteds often work best for heavier wetters.

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:43 pm

I use coolababy with a mf and hemp and bg these are usually best will try more boosting. Wnos doesnt matter how much i boost. Love fitted but cant manage the fight to get him to stay still long enough cant get up and down as easily at the moment with my bump.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:49 pm

i gave up mf a long time ago, they are pretty useless for heavy wetters.I stuff my BG with a pd bamboo or 2 or3 ep bamboo with 2 or 3 ep hemp and get 2-3 hours. I find our greenkids are better.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:50 am

lazylexis wrote:i gave up mf a long time ago, they are pretty useless for heavy wetters.I stuff my BG with a pd bamboo or 2 or3 ep bamboo with 2 or 3 ep hemp and get 2-3 hours.

I definitely agree!
Give up with MF!
The PD inserts are fab - also BG hemp combo ones!
The newer BG flip organic inserts also have great absorbancy!

Just play around with different ones!

My DS managed to widdle through a BG organic AIO & and MB popin bamboo in 1 hour (yes 1 HR!!) yesterday :shock:
- but probably due to the 2 cup full of juice he got through at breakfast !

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 pm

We gave up with m/f by the time DS turned 1. Replaced them with PD or GK bamboo inserts & EP hemp boosters. He can still out-pee those real quick some days though :roll: , depends on how much he's drank.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:24 pm

We don't use MF at all as Rufus is such a heavy wetter, it just doesn't hack it ... Bamboo is our staple and sometimes Bamboo/Hemp Fleece and we are starting to use Zorb more & more too. Generally we only use fitteds as AIO's and Pockets tend to leak for us.

Another thing to maybe look at is his drinking, what does he drink? If it's anything flavoured (i.e. not just milk and water) you may find he's drinking for taste not thirst and so he could be drinking much more than he needs.

I know my childminder always says she can tell the children that are big squash/juice drinkers as they need changing so much more... switching to just water and milk apart from at meal times may improve the situation perhaps?

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:18 am

I'd agree bamboo all the way it's much better for those heavy wetters.

And very good point on flavoured drinks. Usually ds only has water/milk but when his dad gives him squash he drinks the whole cup at once - and he never ever does that with water.

My avatar
Mollybob
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mollybob » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:49 am

We found that stuffing with bamboo worked for a while, but at a certain age Monty started outweeing all his pockets and nothing would work, so now he only wears fitteds. They're more awkward to put on, but so much more reliable x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat